What's so special about a U2 gig?

liz

Ok, so me and Big Andrew were discussing the upcoming gigs and he said that it's just a concert. But, as anyone who's been to a U2 gig will tell you,it's not just a concert. It's a U2 concert and they are different on many different levels. Well, he just doesn't get it. He keeps asking mewhat's so different and I found I couldn't really put it into words.

So, what makes a U2 gig stand out for you........what makes it special. Is it on a music plane, spiritual, the light shows, the band reaching out andcommunicating with the crowed. Even if you're way up in the nosebleeds, what makes it special, cos I can't really describe the experience.

So, feel free to discuss..........cos i'm buggered if I can explain it to him ohwell.gif

• Subscriber

Tell him it's an out-of-body experience, Liz! Bono has said on a few interviews lately that people say they have an involuntary reaction when the band comeout on stage, the hairs on the back of their neck stand up, even folk who aren't that bothered about them! And the band also have that involuntaryreaction!

I'm not one for big sporting events, but I guess it's the same sort of feeling when you and tens of thousands of people all have a sense oftogetheness. If that makes sense!

Looks like I have......never noticed how many posts i've done lol

I agree with the hairs on the back of the neck thing..........and the atmosphere of the crowd...........and the sense of togetherness when everyone is singingalong and dancing. It's just hard to explain to him.......he'll get it if we're lucky enough to end up in Dublin.........

No other band gets me like this one and I don't know why.......

Well we can describe away - - you just gotta take your mate to a concert and let him see for himself......feel the music, and see how we all come together asone......he'll be converted in no time (i converted my mate) hee hee U2 just rock. :o)