Jump to content

***PASADENA DVD U2 360 @ Rosebowl OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT U P D A T E D***


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Subscriber

Why leave Breathe out just because Bono stuffed up the second line of the song, that's what "live" is about, not glossing over mistakes.

There's plenty of instances where one of the band stuffs up.

I have a dvd of the Giants Stadium show I went to on 360 and Bono started Stay about a third of the way through and then had to wait about a minute and a half for edge to make his way back to the start of the song again. It doesn't detract from the show one bit, it shows he is human. Sort of like watching a professional golf player fluff a shot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

Why leave Breathe out just because Bono stuffed up the second line of the song, that's what "live" is about, not glossing over mistakes.

There's plenty of instances where one of the band stuffs up.

I have a dvd of the Giants Stadium show I went to on 360 and Bono started Stay about a third of the way through and then had to wait about a minute and a half for edge to make his way back to the start of the song again. It doesn't detract from the show one bit, it shows he is human. Sort of like watching a professional golf player fluff a shot.

I was at that show and even live it was just kinda funny!
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

[quote name='mick james wrote:


Dominic & Jill']Why leave Breathe out just because Bono stuffed up the second line of the song, that's what "live" is about, not glossing over mistakes.

There's plenty of instances where one of the band stuffs up.

I have a dvd of the Giants Stadium show I went to on 360 and Bono started Stay about a third of the way through and then had to wait about a minute and a half for edge to make his way back to the start of the song again. It doesn't detract from the show one bit, it shows he is human. Sort of like watching a professional golf player fluff a shot.

I was at that show and even live it was just kinda funny!

 

 

Yeah, he's just kinda rolling his finger and says "back to the top" trying to get edge to get back to the start. It was the best of the 3 shows I saw, crowd was great.

 

And I really don't mind if Breathe starts "16th June, nine o five blah bejesus, de dada, three things.

 

Are you going to any of the next leg Mick, or has that baby cost too much in time and resources?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

[quote name='Dominic & Jill wrote:


mick james wrote:

Dominic & Jill']Why leave Breathe out just because Bono stuffed up the second line of the song, that's what "live" is about, not glossing over mistakes.

There's plenty of instances where one of the band stuffs up.

I have a dvd of the Giants Stadium show I went to on 360 and Bono started Stay about a third of the way through and then had to wait about a minute and a half for edge to make his way back to the start of the song again. It doesn't detract from the show one bit, it shows he is human. Sort of like watching a professional golf player fluff a shot.

I was at that show and even live it was just kinda funny!

 

 

Yeah, he's just kinda rolling his finger and says "back to the top" trying to get edge to get back to the start. It was the best of the 3 shows I saw, crowd was great.

 

And I really don't mind if Breathe starts "16th June, nine o five blah bejesus, de dada, three things.

 

Are you going to any of the next leg Mick, or has that baby cost too much in time and resources?The NY shows were awesome!

But nah that's it for us unless they come to Oz.

 

Irony is, if we didn't go to see the NYC shows we may not have had a little Zootop on the waylaugh.gif

any more for you?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

And listening to many bootlegs, you're right.

When doesn't Bono sing "6 tooth racoon, drink some wine, can on the floor says do you wanna eat pie's for some longer, there's bee's wings I want you to grow, Bees!"

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

And listening to many bootlegs, you're right.

When doesn't Bono sing "6 tooth racoon, drink some wine, can on the floor says do you wanna eat pie's for some longer, there's bee's wings I want you to grow, Bees!"

 

 

ROTFLMAO...I mean really, I can't stop laughing when I read this..now there's a tear in my eye!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

[quote name='Dominic & Jill wrote:


mick james wrote:


 

Dominic & Jill']

Why leave Breathe out just because Bono stuffed up the second line of the song, that's what "live" is about, not glossing over mistakes.

There's plenty of instances where one of the band stuffs up.

I have a dvd of the Giants Stadium show I went to on 360 and Bono started Stay about a third of the way through and then had to wait about a minute and a half for edge to make his way back to the start of the song again. It doesn't detract from the show one bit, it shows he is human. Sort of like watching a professional golf player fluff a shot.

I was at that show and even live it was just kinda funny!

 

 

Yeah, he's just kinda rolling his finger and says "back to the top" trying to get edge to get back to the start. It was the best of the 3 shows I saw, crowd was great.

 

And I really don't mind if Breathe starts "16th June, nine o five blah bejesus, de dada, three things.

 

Are you going to any of the next leg Mick, or has that baby cost too much in time and resources?

 

I was there too and I loved that part because it made the song longer!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

On front page now.

 

So they don't mention anything about a super-deluxe, and for some ridiculous reson Breath is included but as an extra on the Blu-Ray and deluxe DVD. WTF???

 

The intro song for nearly every show as an extra?

 

I'm not usually a complainer, but this seems wrong - as you say. it was the intro for almost every show and it is available because you can get it as an extra

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
And listening to many bootlegs, you're right.

When doesn't Bono sing "6 tooth racoon, drink some wine, can on the floor says do you wanna eat pie's for some longer, there's bee's wings I want you to grow, Bees!"

Haha, now that is funny! And no, I've learnt my lesson, if I could trade my son in on this dvd I would probably still have to pay part of the price.

I would be happy to trade him for one similar to my daughter though.

 Edited bit:

Geeze I'm a dick sometimes, was still laughing about your last post when I said the above.

The correct answer is yes, Chicago and Miami

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...