Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xtraspicy62

Quitting Smoking Support Thread:Lets carry eachother here

[quote name='michielovesU2 wrote:

actarus']once my brother told me

you quit smoking but not everybody needs to stop

cos the price of a pack is 5 euros

that includes 1 euro for the real price of the pack (to show you which kind of shit this really is )

+ 4 euros for tax

so if everybody stops smoking we (us non-smokers) will pay more taxes

I'd gladly pay more taxes for my loved ones (and myself) to live a longer healthier life in exchange for them quitting smoking. smile.gif

there are things you can not buy smile.gif 

[quote name='actarus wrote:

michielovesU2 wrote:

actarus']once my brother told me

you quit smoking but not everybody needs to stop

cos the price of a pack is 5 euros

that includes 1 euro for the real price of the pack (to show you which kind of shit this really is )

+ 4 euros for tax

so if everybody stops smoking we (us non-smokers) will pay more taxes

I'd gladly pay more taxes for my loved ones (and myself) to live a longer healthier life in exchange for them quitting smoking.
smile.gif

there are things you can not buy smile.gif yes, like good health!

I'm just stopping in to give you all some support! I quit smoking cold turkey on July 21, 2009 after many, many failed attempts. I know how difficult it is and my advice: be smoke-free one day at a time. I'm proud of you because I know how difficult it is to quit.

congrats! Thats a HUGE accomplishment!! You deserve this!

FirstPlaceRibbon.246141754_std.jpg

So I was sitting on the patio last night with my pint and people around me were smoking. I didn't want one at all!!!! In fact, the smell of it was gross. I was glad that my friend didn't smoke. Might have been a different story if I was with a smoking friend. Another day smoke free. Whew.
img214553282.jpg

You are funny Spicy!
anyone who quits deserves a medal im not kidding! especially in the pub!thumbsup.gif

I quit smoking  18 years ago when I got pregnant. I do not, I repeat DO NOT, recommend this to anyone!  But however you manage to stop, you will be sooooo glad you did, for so many reasons!  Smoking sucks and blows all at the same time. pimp.gif

I quit smoking  18 years ago when I got pregnant. I do not, I repeat DO NOT, recommend this to anyone!  But however you manage to stop, you will be sooooo glad you did, for so many reasons!  Smoking sucks and blows all at the same time. pimp.gif

so glad that you did it! Is that why there is a birdsong in your heart now? (couldnt resist!)

So many people are posting that they quit!

THATS SO COOL!

Still not smoking and feeling GREAT!!!

I always take the stairs at the subway and today I noticed I wasn't out of breath when I got to the top.

Amazing.