Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jrtm

U2 = Sell Outs

im going to defend the remasters here.

so lets look here shall we? the beatles, sell outs? for releasing remasters? i dont think so.

led zepp, sellouts? i dont think so.

why should u2 be sellouts because of the remasters? for one, boy sounds so much more fresher, and there are certain songs you can hear more things. like blasts of larry's drums on electric, the bass sounds more solid in places, esp on the first few songs, they have taken out the clicks of edge's pedal pressings.

the joshua tree, remastered is the dog balls! with streets adam's bass is more clear, the drums are more clear, its not all about them being louder, for sure they will be louder, they are not going to make the the same volume are they. and these albums were originally released in the 80's so 30 years later i think its about time u2 remasterd the albums.

im a sucker for the remasters by bands. if you think about it the best sound you could get if from vinyl. the dense sounds, the good systems to play them on. remaster is like that, but with more clarity.

releasing remasters doesnt mean you sell out, in no terms.

Please could and has taken SBS....Done....

I was thinking Disco (taking place for the Rave of Crazy) leading into a soft Starring at the Sun....How cool....

Dead man, Gone, Last night....they can all work....

Ironic Miami was the weakest track on Pop, yet what a Rocker live? Saw it at Giants Stadium and it was awesome....

I actually love Miami! I'll take it over the Playboy Mansion any day.

Any did you ever notice that Please was the pseudo sequel to SBS?  I love on the Popmart tour how the iconic SBS drum riff featured during the "September, streets capsizing" part

And I'm with Mac on the remasters.

I'll use the hoary old chestnut that generally does my head in, but it applies here - you don't have to buy them.

As an audiophile, I've got no problems with the band using the current mastering technology to bring the stereo mix of 20 and 30 year old albums up to date. And they've all been well packaged and well presented thus far.

Please could and has taken SBS....Done....

I was thinking Disco (taking place for the Rave of Crazy) leading into a soft Starring at the Sun....How cool....

Ironic Miami was the weakest track on Pop, yet what a Rocker live? Saw it at Giants Stadium and it was awesome....

Any did you ever notice that Please was the pseudo sequel to SBS?  I love on the Popmart tour how the iconic SBS drum riff featured during the "September, streets capsizing" part

I'll use the hoary old chestnut that generally does my head in, but it applies here - you don't have to buy them.

As an audiophile, I've got no problems with the band using the current mastering technology to bring the stereo mix of 20 and 30 year old albums up to date. And they've all been well packaged and well presented thus far.

[quote name='mick james wrote:

toddv']Please could and has taken SBS....Done....

miami is a fantastic song! cant understand people saying its the worst u2 song ever. its brilliant, inventive, dark, bono rapping, amazing bass line, great lyrics, i cant fault it really. so what if it doesnt have a chorus, thats not what u2 were about in 1997 and its a shame pop was the most they pushed the boat out.

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

mick james wrote:

miami is a fantastic song! cant understand people saying its the worst u2 song ever. its brilliant, inventive, dark, bono rapping, amazing bass line, great lyrics, i cant fault it really. so what if it doesnt have a chorus, thats not what u2 were about in 1997 and its a shame pop was the most they pushed the boat out.

Bono forgot to pee before they left shore, so they turned the boat around.

He should have just wazzed over the side.

mick james wrote:

[quote name='mick james wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

mick james wrote:

with the rise of electro pop making a come back, alot of chart music i hear these days sounds like 80's electro pop, im suprised u2 are not looking to move in this way next. after all they move with the times. like pop in 97, they had no choice but to make that album, same with achtung and the rule of indie bands, same with bomb, they tried to compete with bands like razorlight and the kooks, no line they were competing with killers, KOL.

lets face it lady gaga might not be to everyones taste, but it screams 80's electro to me, and lets face it, these modern artists must be doing something right!

mick james wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

mick james wrote:

with the rise of electro pop making a come back, alot of chart music i hear these days sounds like 80's electro pop, im suprised u2 are not looking to move in this way next. after all they move with the times. like pop in 97, they had no choice but to make that album, same with achtung and the rule of indie bands, same with bomb, they tried to compete with bands like razorlight and the kooks, no line they were competing with killers, KOL.

lets face it lady gaga might not be to everyones taste, but it screams 80's electro to me, and lets face it, these modern artists must be doing something right!

I'd love to see Trent Reznor produce a U2 album.  He's producing the new Janes Addiction, so it's not that far fetched.

He could team up with Flood who co-produced some NIN albums.

Could be awesome!

But I don't think U2 would be willing to shed the fair-weather fans like they did with Achtung.

Radiohead were brave enough to do what they wanted with Kid A and make the change - mind there's still plenty of douche bag Radiohead fans.

Hey Mac, working on a mash of Reckoner and Foleys F'n Funk!

Stay tuned.

mick james wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

mick james wrote:

I'd love to see Trent Reznor produce a U2 album.  He's producing the new Janes Addiction, so it's not that far fetched.

He could team up with Flood who co-produced some NIN albums.

Could be awesome!

But I don't think U2 would be willing to shed the fair-weather fans like they did with Achtung.

Radiohead were brave enough to do what they wanted with Kid A and make the change - mind there's still plenty of douche bag Radiohead fans.

Hey Mac, working on a mash of Reckoner and Foleys F'n Funk!

Stay tuned.

And on the electro thing - seems like they gave it a go with Boots and everyone had a big cry.

Would have been great if they'd put the dance version of Crazy on the album instead of the insipid rock mix