I am falling in love w/ no line on the horizon

wahine

Strange but I never listened to the album through headphones of any sort until recently. I am falling in love with this album. I hated it at first, just a song here or there but when I really listen (I guess after close to 30 years of U2 I just snubbed this album) the music is intense! No line on the horizon use to remind me of being out surfing and when I did a photo shoot good God I think I was 17 at the time, I have pretty much the exact same photo as the album cover, the photo is even in black and white, except I'm standing on the beach and it was a big deal that the line on the horizon be perfect. Spooky crap but that's not what has me going this morning. The song has changed meanings for me. I went up and watched the sunrise on the beach and all I could think of is that this ocean of ours (she) has no line of oil on the horizon yet. We will be looking for it if it gets into the current loop and comes around to the east coast of Florida. So outta nowhere I thought of no line on the horizon and thought how prophetic the song is. The whole southeastern states are all looking for the line on the horizon. Lord please make it stop. Some man on the news this morning said what if another one goes right now, another collapse because of failed parts and the thought of that just sunk my heart. Next, the song Magnificent is by far my favorite of all the U2 songs of all the years, my favorite use to be Another Time Another Place, that should tell you how old I am now LOL and been listening to lots of U2 music through the years but I honestly believe Magnificent is my favorite. It's like I am getting a whole brand new album or something from this NLOTH. Maybe I should have used headphones before LOL! I am so ready to go see the tour now. I didn't go on the last go around and it was only the second time I ever missed a tour since the first tour of War. Thank God they are coming back through! I'm ready to go see it now. If this comes off as too off the wall sorry but I just hated the album when it came out and now I guess my circumstances allow me to be able to relate to it now. Plus the cover kinda scared me, knowing I had a photo that matched their photo in black and white. LOL! Yeah I'm a pisces and it's showing today! Not giving an album a chance cuz of a photo was just stupid!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

see what happens when you actually *listen* to an album without judging it before listening to it all the way, or trying to understand, and giving it a real chance? now it all has new meaning for you and you now see what that music has been saying all along.

maybe the headphones switched on a blocked neuron. what?

• Subscriber
Strange but I never listened to the album through headphones of any sort until recently. I am falling in love with this album. I hated it at first, just a song here or there but when I really listen (I guess after close to 30 years of U2 I just snubbed this album) the music is intense! No line on the horizon use to remind me of being out surfing and when I did a photo shoot good God I think I was 17 at the time, I have pretty much the exact same photo as the album cover, the photo is even in black and white, except I'm standing on the beach and it was a big deal that the line on the horizon be perfect. Spooky crap but that's not what has me going this morning. The song has changed meanings for me. I went up and watched the sunrise on the beach and all I could think of is that this ocean of ours (she) has no line of oil on the horizon yet. We will be looking for it if it gets into the current loop and comes around to the east coast of Florida. So outta nowhere I thought of no line on the horizon and thought how prophetic the song is. The whole southeastern states are all looking for the line on the horizon. Lord please make it stop. Some man on the news this morning said what if another one goes right now, another collapse because of failed parts and the thought of that just sunk my heart. Next, the song Magnificent is by far my favorite of all the U2 songs of all the years, my favorite use to be Another Time Another Place, that should tell you how old I am now LOL and been listening to lots of U2 music through the years but I honestly believe Magnificent is my favorite. It's like I am getting a whole brand new album or something from this NLOTH. Maybe I should have used headphones before LOL! I am so ready to go see the tour now. I didn't go on the last go around and it was only the second time I ever missed a tour since the first tour of War. Thank God they are coming back through! I'm ready to go see it now. If this comes off as too off the wall sorry but I just hated the album when it came out and now I guess my circumstances allow me to be able to relate to it now. Plus the cover kinda scared me, knowing I had a photo that matched their photo in black and white. LOL! Yeah I'm a pisces and it's showing today! Not giving an album a chance cuz of a photo was just stupid!
i was reading your post and i was thinking maybe for some people  new albums, takes  time to grow on you, like the time wasnt right for you yet.

im also a pisces and i think thats why i love this album besides the obvious reasons! LOL

"I know a girl, she's like the sea, I watch her changing every day for me"