U2 are Bigger than the Beatles.

u2zoo24 wrote:

one01

You are right about one thing. This has produced some interesting discussion.

Please, Don't blame me..

I'm just poking fun with U2 Bigger than Beatles. its just Bono's EGO lol..

I agree with Chris and if we go back in time Put U2 and Beatles to the test, it is still no contest. Beatles evolved from Pop to Artistic mood of music andstill with this evolution. people embraced the music

LOL

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if i came off as an a-hole in this thread everyone. But I must remain adiment that the two simply cannot and should not be compared. Both are incredible.I think we can all agree that in the long run the most two successful bands of the past millenium are gonna be the Beatles and U2.

Peace Y'all

reciyrseraphim wrote:

u2zoo24 wrote:

one01

You are right about one thing. This has produced some interesting discussion.

Please, Don't blame me..

I'm just poking fun with U2 Bigger than Beatles. its just Bono's EGO lol..

I agree with Chris and if we go back in time Put U2 and Beatles to the test, it is still no contest. Beatles evolved from Pop to Artistic mood of music and still with this evolution. people embraced the music

LOL

...Yes, we all hold you accountable for inciting this cascade of opinions...

...However, I will personally let you off the hook...

...Cuz', like ONE01 mentioned...the thread has actually spurred some interesting perspectives...

...I will add here that I also have gleened from Bono's obvious love for Joey Ramone that their (U2's) humble beginnings were more in the"punk" vein than that of the "boyband pop" sound that the Beatles brought to the table...

...just my dime's bag worth...lol...

...TheHanginChads...

u2zoo24 wrote:

If your saying U2 is more visible than the Beatles I gotta disagree on that.

The Beatles were and still are popular amongst every age group. From 4 years to 94 years. Tons of retirees have know idea who U2 are. They ALL know who the Beatles are. The Beatles enetered every genre. TV,Movies,Music They have hundreds of musical releases in thier catoluoge. Later thier music was used as themes and for countless commercial jingles.Countless products had the Beatles faces plastered on them. They have pervaded every level of pop culture at every age group. The only person in the world more popular than The Beatles WAS Jesus! One might make a valid argument that they were easily more popular than Elvis.

--

The process of making bands immortal is carried out by the fans. My children will grow up listening to U2 just like I grew up listening to Elvis and TheBeatles. I don't think that the zillions of fans have any intention of throwing their U2 albums away, so it's an unstoppable process which is alreadyin place!

Moreover, if The Doors who, as far as I know, were never the biggest band in the world , are still remembered due to Jim Morrison's charisma, do you notthink U2 cannot be forgotten for Bono's charisma alone? Because if you take Bono into consideration you start to wonder if Jim Morrison was charismatic atall!

Besides that why on earth radio stations would stop playing U2 songs in the future if they still play 20 y.o. hits now?

And I'll go as far as to say that even if U2 songs were, for some odd reason, never played again, future generations would still hear about this singer whogot involved with international political figures and went on and on trying to improve the quality of life of those living in Africa.

The Beatles are popular among different age groups because some of their songs were catchy. No wonder why they became jingles. "She loves me yeah yeahyeah". "Love, love me do, you know I love you". I myself could sing that when I first started learning English at the age of 11. One couldargue that the catchiness of their songs indicates that they were more pop than rock, so the comparison to U2 should be in regards to fame as their genrediffers.

In terms of music popularity The Beatles and Elvis issue is similar to the Pele and Maradona issue I guess. Brazilians we'll say it's ridiculous tostate that Maradona was the best soccer player while Argentinians may feel the very opposite. To me The Beatles and Elvis always be remembered but for verydifferent reasons.

• Subscriber

Let me start by saying that i have been a HUGE u2 fan since 1983 and to this day i think there is no better artist in the world. Having said that, you onlyhave to look back at u2's acceptance speech for there last grammy. Bono said something to the effect of "thank you Paul maccartney for creating theworld we all live in". In my opinion he meant that the beatles created the or recreated popular music. without them who knows if there would have been au2. It is hard to compare u2 with the founders of popular music. I prefer u2 anyday, but the beatles are and always will be the beatles

I think Beatles put standards for the bands to follow. Despite the fact that even U2 was built on their (Beatles) standards, they've grown tremendousamount, and are not considered separate/evolving identity that in 100 years will highly likely be remembered as one of the greatest bands (not just rock bands)in the world (along with Beatles).

I think Beatles put standards for the bands to follow. Despite the fact that even U2 was built on their (Beatles) standards, they've grown tremendousamount, and are not considered separate/evolving identity that in 100 years will highly likely be remembered as one of the greatest bands (not just rock bands)in the world (along with Beatles).

U2 have had 10 UK number one albums and The Beatles have had 11 UK number one albums. It's close... I love The Beatles. I think Revolver is my fave album.The Beatles were like the first band to 'do it all' so I think it would be hard in some peoples mind for anyone to be bigger than the beatles. If yaget my picture...