I'm coming to visit you Bono!!!!!

voxxiegirl

:)

I am just wondering if anyone has been to Bono's place before? I'm sure the guy doesn't welcome fans into his home - but have you been there and taken photos outside of the gates. I saw some photos of his gates with a little transcript or a poem or something. Does anyone have photos? If so, share them in this space.

I know it sounds insanely obsessive, and it probably is - but it is something I kinda want to do whilst visiting Ireland.

And then of course, the Dublin Pubs.

What else is there to do for the U2 fanatic to do whilst in Dublin.

I am spending half my time in Dublin and half in Galway.

Finally,  I will be visiting the home of these four men who have been a part of my life for so long, in a non-direct way.

Welcome to Galway. I don't how what you can do in Dublin as a U2 fanatic. But there is so much do to in Galway as an alcoholic! ;-) If you aren't the drinking type, well there is so much to do if you are into music. If you aren't the music type, well there is so much to do if you are into history. If you are not into history, there is so much to see. If you are into all those, well then, Galway will be the best place you ever visited... even if it doesn't contain the 4 men you are looking for!

• Subscriber

the @u2 guide to Dublin is great so see some great sights - clear mapping etc... and old a new places too, I found it a great guide.

Last visit I went to his house - he wasn't in lol!! Adde dmy name to many more on the street sign. To see the 'gates of heaven' was pretty cool and I was so excited to have finally got there on my umpteenth visit to Ireland. Will post some pics later when I can get onto photobucket - can't at work!

thanks for the info Mummy.

I'm actually in Galway for a wedding...a close friend of mine is getting married back home (she is from Ireland) so all the Aussies are making our way up there for her big Irish wedding. I hear they party all night and into the next day.

Not much of a drinker actually. I do like music and history though.

My only concern is the weather...the winters sound horrible...why would anybody live there??????? I don't know how I will deal with the cold temperatures, but guess I will find out.

i am not sure when exactly u r over but our winters are rather mild compared to a lot of other countries... The atlantic keeps us cool during the summer and warm during the winter so our temperature doesnt fluctuate too much thoughout the year. The worst u might experience is a cold rain on a windy day :) whoever told u it was terrible must never have seen rain on a cold day before ;)

on the weddin front... Weddings usually end bout 2am. Some hotels may serve residents drink until the wee hours of the next day but not all of them. Do u know what hotel in galway? The main wedding ones in the city are salthill hotel, westwood hotel, ardilaun hotel and galway bay hotel. There is also glenlo abbey hotel but they do not allow weddings extend much passed 11pm. Those outside town in places like connemara coast and gateway are more lenient.

• Subscriber
the @u2 guide to Dublin is great so see some great sights - clear mapping etc... and old a new places too, I found it a great guide.

Last visit I went to his house - he wasn't in lol!! Adde dmy name to many more on the street sign. To see the 'gates of heaven' was pretty cool and I was so excited to have finally got there on my umpteenth visit to Ireland. Will post some pics later when I can get onto photobucket - can't at work!

Was just going to recommend that site thumbsup.gif