What no beer thread?

• Subscriber

You eat kangaroos? Ok...but which beer goes the best with it? lol
Seriously lol. Does that make me sick??

Would you belive there's loads of them and it's about half the price of beef at the supermarket. It's got about half the fat too.

They're quite muscley from all the jumping so you have to cook them rare to medium rare, but I normally do them with chilis from my garden, french shallots fried in balsamic vinigar, feild mushrooms and fresh garlic. Mash potato goes well and the best beer is a Coopers Best Extra Stout (pictured above - there's a kangaroo on the label, so it must be true)

Now some might think it's wrong eating the national animal.

I just think they're bloody tasty!

Just out of interest, there's too many kangaroos in the wild, so I'm helping Australia by chucking them on my grill pan with some olive oil!laugh.gif

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

You eat kangaroos? Ok...but which beer goes the best with it? lol

Would you belive there's loads of them and it's about half the price of beef at the supermarket. It's got about half the fat too.

They're quite muscley from all the jumping so you have to cook them rare to medium rare, but I normally do them with chilis from my garden, french shallots fried in balsamic vinigar, feild mushrooms and fresh garlic. Mash potato goes well and the best beer is a Coopers Best Extra Stout (pictured above - there's a kangaroo on the label, so it must be true)

Just out of interest, there's too many kangaroos in the wild, so I'm helping Australia by chucking them on my grill pan with some olive oil!laugh.gif

• Subscriber

But they're just so darn cute! But it does sound like you're doing your duty as a good Aussie citizen to try and keep the population in check. Wouldn't want them hopping around the major cities, kicking citizens who get in their way, etc.

Thanks for the recipe...sounds like you know your way around the kitchen! How often do you enjoy the culinary goodness that is kangaroo? It sounds like they're pretty healthy...but it must be hell to find a pot where you can braise a whole one! lol

I don't drink that often, but the next time I do I might try and seek out some Coopers...I live in NYC so there's probably a specialty shop somewhere that has it.

By the way...You asked if I thought you were sick for eating kangaroo...I don't think so...but I'm bat shit crazy myself! lol

• Subscriber
Ooooh! Cherry beer? I'm not really a drinker, but I think i'll have to make an exception tonight!

How is everyone? I haven't been around in a very long time...it'll be nice to catch up...

Trust me, it is GOOD and I am NOT a beer drinker thumbsup.gif
  • Subscriber

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

Janette B wrote:

Zhivvy']I'm having a nice kriek beer - my last one of the few I bought in Belgium - meeting a lovely not mean at all person!

Is that the cherry beer? The only beer I really like . . . . I'll have one of those!!!

yes it's the cherry one - finshed the raspberry ones ages ago - they do taste good!

Raspberry beer???  We have raspberry champagne at one of the wineries near our house . . . . just sooooo convenient thumbsup.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='mick james wrote:

dreamingoutloud11']You eat kangaroos? Ok...but which beer goes the best with it? lol

No, that's not the reason we think you're sick (he, he, he, he,he,he - sorry, I had to say it).  I once ate a pigeon in Egypt and a wilderbeast burger (at least that's what we were told it was) in Kenya, an alligator (if I'm not mistaken that was in a place owned by Aussies in San Diego), so why not a kangaroo? Can't say that I really actually liked any of those meals though. Tell you what, throw out the kanga and substitute chicken or just get rid of the meat all together and it sounds really delicious!!!

• Subscriber

[quote name='Janette B wrote:

dreamingoutloud11']Ooooh! Cherry beer? I'm not really a drinker, but I think i'll have to make an exception tonight!

How is everyone? I haven't been around in a very long time...it'll be nice to catch up...

Trust me, it is GOOD and I am NOT a beer drinker thumbsup.gif

Ok...so let's crack open a couple and enjoy this lovely spring evening...

Here's to the second leg of the tour! Cheers!

I love beer and personally an inspiring Beer Baron....

When we became a new and bigger company my pallet was opened up to some great tasty suds...I enjoy Stella and Leffe...

But when it comes to U2 concert drinking nothing compares to Bud or Bud Light....

IMG_1786-vi.jpg

I was handing out beers in the GA....