Bono has emergency surgery. :(

mich40

there's alot of different things it could have been...so speculating is pointless until more information is given....

I wouldn't say it's entirely pointless.  It creates conversation, causes no harm and shows that people are genuinely concerned for Bono's health. happy.gif

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Yes, absolutely a full recovery!!! He was in pain off and on for YEARS, but never had surgery. He'd be laid up for days, taking pain meds, then finally the pain was just too intense and was not going away, so he scheduled the surgery. He had been out of town at a conference and when he got up from his seat, he turned around and just about collapsed. Just a movement that tweaked (to use the technical term, lol) his back to the point that he had to do something about it. I swear that surgery was the best thing ever . . . it was at least 5, 6, maybe 7 years ago and he has been pain-free ever since . . . . and he has not lost the weight or done any of the excersises that he's supposed to!!!!

• Subscriber
there's alot of different things it could have been...so speculating is pointless until more information is given....
It's human nature, I think . . . . . herniated discs are really very common though, so if one is to speculate, that's probably a good guess and haven't we read about Bono's back for years?
  • Subscriber

February 18, 2003

Bono is unable to attend the Dublin premiere of Neil Jordan's The Good Thief, his second cancelled appearance in the past week. Dublin media learn that Bono has a slipped disc in his back.

• Subscriber

Oh no, I just heard. Poor man, how awful. Get well very soon Bono xx  He maybe on a cocktail of painkillers and muscle relaxants that'll make him as high as a kite so hopefully will subdue the pain at least.  Poor guy.frown.gif

Man what is happening? first Cerati, now Bono... I keep my hopes high and of course I'll be praying for both, but keep in mind guys at least our Bman will be able to sing U_U

Yes, absolutely a full recovery!!! He was in pain off and on for YEARS, but never had surgery. He'd be laid up for days, taking pain meds, then finally the pain was just too intense and was not going away, so he scheduled the surgery. He had been out of town at a conference and when he got up from his seat, he turned around and just about collapsed. Just a movement that tweaked (to use the technical term, lol) his back to the point that he had to do something about it. I swear that surgery was the best thing ever . . . it was at least 5, 6, maybe 7 years ago and he has been pain-free ever since . . . . and he has not lost the weight or done any of the excersises that he's supposed to!!!!

Very glad to hear it completely helped your husband Janette. If this is what Bono has, I think it is, may he have the same success as your husband.

• Subscriber

[quote name='mummy wrote:

petermullen']there's alot of different things it could have been...so speculating is pointless until more information is given....

I wouldn't say it's entirely pointless.  It creates conversation, causes no harm and shows that people are genuinely concerned for Bono's health. happy.gif

ok....i speculate that he had a disc herniation that was causing him extreme pain in his extremities, and/or numbness, causing him not to be able to hold onto his microphone.

The fact that this was not an outpatient procedure...that he is an inpatient for a few days....suggests that the surgery was not simple, and moderately invasive. i think 6 weeks minimum recovery time.....

I could be totally wrong of course........

Get well soon Bono....

Archived