Questions About Christianity

Kristaps

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

mummy']@babs - ah sure sound doesnt travel in space. U heard the line 'in space no one can hear u scream'. He must be oblivious to it all
:)

and you're right again, mummy.smile.gif but he should hear the prayers?? have you never seen bruce almighty?? prayers were earsplitting! noway he could just ignore them!

Think about this:

People pray in four ways-

1.  They repeat silly rhymes over and over and over until the words become nothing more than something resembling mushy peas.  How is God supposed to decipher what they are asking for?

2.  They say their prayers in their heads.  How loud can they be!?  I'm not sure they would be heard by a sleeping divinity.

3. They say their prayers to angels, saints, dead people.  How can God respond to prayers that aren't directed to him?

4.  They say their prayers out loud, sometimes as a whisper, sometimes as a scream.  These prayers are usually said with feeling; they usually are asking for something necessary, they are oftentimes pleas for help.  These are the only ones that have the potential of being heard.  Some do wake God and it's then He answers. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to ask these questions strictly about Christianity would be doing a disservice to all those who do not practice Christianity.

petermullen, feel free to answer them from the perspective of a non-christian. 

I personally would love to hear the view from the perspective of a Ba'hai follower :-)

[quote name='mummy wrote:

barbara1 wrote:

mummy']@babs - ah sure sound doesnt travel in space. U heard the line 'in space no one can hear u scream'. He must be oblivious to it all

and you're right again, mummy.
smile.gif
 but he should hear the prayers?? have you never seen bruce almighty?? prayers were earsplitting! noway he could just ignore them!

Think about this:

1.  They repeat silly rhymes over and over and over until the words become nothing more than something resembling mushy peas.  How is God supposed to decipher what they are asking for?

2.  They say their prayers in their heads.  How loud can they be!?  I'm not sure they would be heard by a sleeping divinity.

3. They say their prayers to angels, saints, dead people.  How can God respond to prayers that aren't directed to him?

4.  They say their prayers out loud, sometimes as a whisper, sometimes as a scream.  These prayers are usually said with feeling; they usually are asking for something necessary, they are oftentimes pleas for help.  These are the only ones that have the potential of being heard.  Some do wake God and it's then He answers. 

A Sleeping Divinity?

Are you sure its not the Divine Spark in yourself thats not asleep?

to ask these questions strictly about Christianity would be doing a disservice to all those who do not practice Christianity.

hmm i find it interesting as someone who was brought up as a Christian but now has her own beliefs!

[quote name='Infin8tum wrote:

mummy wrote:

barbara1 wrote:

smile.gif
 but he should hear the prayers?? have you never seen bruce almighty?? prayers were earsplitting! noway he could just ignore them!

Think about this:

A Sleeping Divinity?

Are you sure its not the Divine Spark in yourself thats not asleep?Are you implying something by the second question?

I'll entertain you: If the "Divine Spark" within me was asleep, I'd be dead.  I'm very much alive, so it must be awake and very much alert. tongue.gif  So... to answer your question:  NO.

[quote name='Infin8tum wrote:

mummy wrote:

barbara1 wrote:

smile.gif

Think about this:

A Sleeping Divinity?

Are you sure its not the Divine Spark in yourself thats not asleep?I should answer the first question too:

The "sleeping divinity" is in reference to an earlier discussion.  It's a plausible concept that may not sit well with many "devout" christians who "know better". wink.gif