I'm having a breakdown!

surrenders

Thanks for keeping us up to date, Surrenders.  I would have been checking as you were posting, but had to watch my favorite show Breaking Bad.  My brothers must be going crazy -- they are big fans of all Chicago teams.  When is the next (and hopefully last) game?  One of my brothers is going to Chicago Tuesday and he would just love to be in town for the big win.

Loved the picture of the Chicago building.  Not sure where that is.  The only fountain I'm familiar with is Buckingham Fountain.  We used to take out of town guests to see it and of course the Sears Tower.  I just loved that fountain and all its colors.

That's the CNA building with the Hawks logo on it, but behind it is the Sears Towers, now known as Willis Tower devil.gif

That's Buckingham Fountain in the lower front of the photo.  The Sears (Willis) Tower is lit red on game nights. 

Unfortunately, the next game is Wednesday in Philadelphia.  If the Hawks win there, they win the Cup.  If they lose, UGH, they come back and play the 7th game in Chicago on Friday.  I hope they clinch it on Wednesday in Philly.  Get it over with!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, that is Buckingham Fountain... I don't remember the sea horses, but last time I was there I was probably 9 or 10 years old. Just googled Sears (Willis) Tower and John Hancock and since Sears wasn't completed till 1973 it was the John Hancock building that we brought our Nebraskan relatives to marvel at. My farmer uncle's mouth just hung open the entire sightseeing tour eek.gif 

Too bad the next game is in Philly. Almost be nice if they have to play the Friday game, but then you really will have a breakdown!  My brother will be there for a couple of weeks so he'll get to enjoy all the excitement.

The Sears (Willis) Tower was the tallest building in the world until one was built in Dubai I think. Yes, the John Hancock building use to be the one everyone went to before the Sears Towers was built. They both have the lookout floor at the top.

Even if the Hawks win Wednesday in Philly, Chicago will celebrate like mad on Wednesday night through the weekend, etc...LOL. So that's great your brother will witness it all up close.

Hi Surrenders -- He arrived yesterday and today went to Milwaukee to visit his in-laws. I'm sure he is watching it there or maybe even went to my other brother's who lives in Milwaukee.  That would be cool for them to enjoy it all together.

Just checked 3-3 (my kids allow me to change stations for quick score checks)