Are you happy , where your at.....

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is something I have put a lot of thought into lately.

I'm not happy.

I was just having a conversation with a friend today about this very topic - I feel I am stuck in a rut and feeling like my life is not moving forward and wondering whether or not there is any purpose.

I am happy in my job - but there are circumstances that make me unhappy about it. I am not happy with my personal life ... I basically was used like a piece of chewing gum and then spat out on the sidewalk...and then after one year post-break up the asshole wants to get back together. He must really think I am an idiot to expect me to consider the idea. So this time I guess I broke his heart? I doubt it...a friend of mine said he probably wanted back for my money. This happened just a month ago...so I think I am still blue about that entire experience and it is affecting my outlook on life. All my friends say "its flattering" to know he realises what he lost. Well, no... it would if I still cared but I don't care about the loss I had in him, because I am better off without him, he is no loss to me- he has nothing I need, I can restart and reboot again - but it is a loss I find in myself. Like a part of me is gone...my heart is gone. I am very cynical now and very bitter. About many things. I am unhappy! I don't know how to fix it either.

"It's just a moment, this time will pass"... but how long.

Things I used to take enjoyment in no longer appeal to me...I think I am stuck in a rut. But mostly scared about the future - as I said where is my life going?

I think time to take "The art of happiness" out of the bookshelf and read it.

Thanks for asking 123love. How are you going?

• Subscriber

Im ok got a virus at work but ill be ok, as for you , if your really sure hes no good and doesnt really love ''You'' then go out , with friends meet new people , enjoy space  , find yourself out , what you like and learn what you really want in a relationship and forget the ass * assuming he was after more money with bonus personality and compassion to take advantage of* Theres more fish in the sea , i know there is for you , anyway , I hope you get out and enjoy yourself , dont stay home too much , isolation is no good..

123love xx

no not been happy for months i know I'm not ill with depression but it's like a melancholic feeling and I know that my circumstances aren't helping but I don't know how to get out of where I am all though I'm starting on it!

• Subscriber

sorry to hear bout you're ex, voxie... and 123 is right: there's better somewher waiting for you (and for u2, 123!)

LOL agt! if you win, would you consider throwing a big zoo-party?? waiting till zhivvy throws hers,  but she isnt getting very lucky with lotery uptil now frown.gif

and yes, overall, i'm a happy person. i laugh alot (cording to my love i have a 'latin' temper, but i don get mad easily, just make lot of noise! lol! and me kids always say to their friends i don get mad a lot)

we've got lots of work to be done at the house, and isnt always goin as fast as i 'd like. but i can live with it, when i consider there are people who don even have a roof bove their head...

and having teenage kids not always easy, so sometimes i dream bout how life was when they were little, or how it will be after they've grown out of puberty, lol! but wouldnt wanna miss them for anything...

and yes, being a nurse on oncology-unit can be stressy ( and when i'm on the nite-shift, working my ass off alone during 10 and half hours, i sometimes say to myself 'i'm not coming back here tonite!! no way! they can kiss my ***)

but i love working with people and taking care of them, and being able to mean something for them in their last days, hours....

so pretty happy, and hope i'll feel like this for the rest of my life... but you never know what future brings on you, do you?

• Subscriber

If I won big on the Lottery I would love to have a big Zoo party. Wouldn't be big enough to hire u2 themselves, but we could have a great tribute band.

My kids drive me nuts, but I wouldn't be without them. I'm sure you guys will get through your blue times and look back in the future and wonder what it was all about.

I would like a chat room or box on here so I could talk away with people without having to post! That way when myself or other people were down, they would always be someone there to listen.

• Subscriber

Generally I am happy and I always try to look on the bright side of everything (cue Monty Python song!) but things do get me down and I hate it when it does but no-one can help that. For example at the moment my husband's father is really ill and getting worse and we can't do anything about that and it makes me so sad seeing him so ill and seeing how it affecting the family.

I have suffered severly with depression in the past and am aware that I can slip very easily into it again (as I have done before) which is why I always try to be bright.

And as soon as agt wins the lottery and throws a party I can guarantee that I will be so so happy then!

(as my lottery tickets never come up - BOO!!!!)

• Subscriber

Wow, how can so many of us be struggling with the same things? And from all different age groups it appears.

I don't have a clue how to go about making myself happier either.

This is not how I envisioned my life at this age. I look around me and see my fiends all settled with families and seemingly happy marriages and I have no idea why that was never in the cards for me. I am trying to figure alot of things out about myself. I want someone to share my life with but the older I get the harder it is to meet someone my age who doesn't have major baggage.

Still haven't found what I'm looking for.