Share Your Outdoor Adventures! Post pics, vids, stories-tell us about it!!

xtraspicy62

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was growing up we would go to Elkin's Resort on Priest Lake, Idaho.  One year my Maternal Grandfather came with us and he came in real handy when it came to campout stuff and  emergency substitutes.

On the final day we were at the cabin, I decided to make home-made chocolate chip cookies and was totally bummed  there was no vanilla extract.

As a result of the situation, my grandpa suggested I use his Kahlua as a substitute for the vanilla and poured some into the batter.

At this point I had my reservations, but when the cookies were done, the only difference was they were darker in color than usual.

Link for Elkin's Resort:

http://www.elkinsresort.com/

When I was growing up we would go to Elkin's Resort on Priest Lake, Idaho.  One year my Maternal Grandfather came with us and he came in real handy when it came to campout stuff and  emergency substitutes.

On the final day we were at the cabin, I decided to make home-made chocolate chip cookies and was totally bummed  there was no vanilla extract.

As a result of the situation, my grandpa suggested I use his Kahlua as a substitute for the vanilla and poured some into the batter.

At this point I had my reservations, but when the cookies were done, the only difference was they were darker in color than usual.

Link for Elkin's Resort:

http://www.elkinsresort.com/

that sounds yummy.....so how much kalua to the batter? about 1 teaspoon or 1 tablespoon? More?

Good story illum...

[quote name='xtraspicy62 wrote:

illumination70'] When I was growing up we would go to Elkin's Resort on Priest Lake, Idaho.  One year my Maternal Grandfather came with us and he came in real handy when it came to campout stuff and  emergency substitutes.

Link for Elkin's Resort:

that sounds yummy.....so how much kalua to the batter? about 1 teaspoon or 1 tablespoon? More?

Good story illum...

I don't remember how much, but he did pour a good amount in LOL!!

• Subscriber

This is Cannock Chase which I have spoken about on here before. It is a national park just by where we live (10 mins away) it is a beautiful area - good walking/running tracks, a few centres with a place to drink and toilets, picnic sites, cycle tracks, health walks, foxes, deer, badgers,bunnies etc... we spend a lot of time up there.

007-3.jpg 

• Subscriber

In Easter 2009 we drove to Romania for our holidays. It is an amazing, breathtaking, peaceful,magical, mysterious place - and I could keep adding adjectives and superlatives to its description the whole day. We spent a lot of our time there outdoors in forests and mountains just breathing in the fresh air and amdmiring the views.

Here is a view by the Transfagarasan pass in the Carpathian mountains - we wanted to drive the pass but it was still closed because of a late snow fall.

transfagarasanpass.jpg

These are the main roads through the towns - I sometimes wonder how we got from one place to another as it wasn't well signposted and was difficult to see which roads were the main ones - great little towns though.

romanianmainroads.jpg

This is the walls of the 13century citedal of Rasnov

Rasnov.jpg