• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

xtraspicy62 wrote:

peterferris8 wrote:

Ragoo']Daily Mail? Oh yeah, the band is deffo splitting up over their pocketmoney allowances!!!!

Move on people.

Daily Mail is on the same level as The Sun- printing entertainment stories as front-page news, rather than more serious news like the ongoing BP oil crisis.
right on, Peter...

Keep your chin up

You're a bright young lad
smile.gif

and there is a reason why tabloids dont focus on real serious issues, its because there are so many new channels, news channels are not bothered by how many copies papers sell. at the same time you wont hear news about u2 on news channels thats why whenever its news about celebs, you more likely to find it in a newspaper.

but its news about u2 for the wrong reasons, and it looks pretty serious to ignore just because it was in the daily mail.

but saying that they forgot to mention adam is bono's best friend, but in truth we really dont know the ingoings in the u2 camp.

i hope this is resolved quickly and doesnt turn into a mess.

It seems that this is going to be a serious case and I hope that it gets sorted out without too much mess etc... Like you say Mac, just becuase it is in the Mail doesn't mean that it is not serious, but the paper has sensationalised it in a totally over the top way and have tried to make it sound that it is something which the rest of the band don't agree with. We will never know what is going on in the U2 camp over this - but I should imagine that the whole thing has been discussed before the court case and Adam has the support of the rest of the band.

And I hope that at the same time the Daily Mail journalists get the chance to go to journalism school and actually write an interesting and factual article for once in their paper instead of finding half a tale and making up the other half and publishing it as a true story - albiet a badly written and grammatically incorrect story 

true.

if this story was written in the times, would people be saying the same things? unless it was in the times aswell.

• Subscriber

Just had a quick look around and it seems that the lastest report on this from June of this year was only in the Daily Mail - seems pretty normal that they are a few months behind the rest of the world of media!

I found this from the irishcentral on line:

http://www.irishcentral.c...w-York-pad-92989479.html

Which has a totally different angle from the Daily Mail and its written to shock headlines.

From this site the story just seems that it is all going on calmy and civilised and no mention whatsoever of ructions in the band rumoured splits and all that other crap!

• Subscriber

The Daily Mail always did write half truths. The shit they wrote about the events that happend in my home town a couple of weeks ago have opened my eyes to there bullcrap.

• Subscriber
The Daily Mail always did write half truths. The shit they wrote about the events that happend in my home town a couple of weeks ago have opened my eyes to there bullcrap.
It is amazing that even in the midst of a huge tragedy like your town had to go through they still couldn't get it right and get a story straight how incompetent are they!!! but the sad part is that people believe all of this and their twisted views are making this country more and more ignorant to the world and the truth!

• Subscriber

maybe the media bet on the accumulation of all the things going wrong since quite a long time let 's face it and yes we can worry .. let's moderate our feelings we 'll know the truth soon or later

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Court refuses to admit Clayton action

RTE, July 05, 2010

The Commercial Court has refused to admit an action being taken by U2 guitarist Adam Clayton against his bank and his accountants to its list.

Mr Clayton is suing Bank of Ireland Private Banking Ltd and chartered accounting firm, Gaby Smyth, over claims that his former personal assistant Carol Hawkins misappropriated more than €4m from his bank accounts over five years to November 2009.

He claims the bank and the accountants failed to detect the alleged extent of the fraud.

His application to have the action admitted to the Commercial Court, which fast tracks commercial cases, was opposed by the bank.

Senior Counsel, Michael McDowell, said Mr Clayton had not noticed €4.8m disappearing from his accounts for four years but seemed to think the bank should have noticed.

Mr Clayton is also taking separate legal proceedings against Ms Hawkins. The court heard an investigation is also being carried out by the garda fraud squad.

Mr Justice Peter Kelly said it would not be justified to make the Commercial Court's fast-track system available as the bank and the accountants would be under pressure to prepare the case speedily when the action against Ms Hawkins would not be moving so quickly.

He said it would be difficult for the defendants to get the necessary evidence while a garda investigation was under way.

© RTE, 2010

• Subscriber
Court refuses to admit Clayton action

RTE, July 05, 2010

The Commercial Court has refused to admit an action being taken by U2 guitarist Adam Clayton against his bank and his accountants to its list.

Mr Clayton is suing Bank of Ireland Private Banking Ltd and chartered accounting firm, Gaby Smyth, over claims that his former personal assistant Carol Hawkins misappropriated more than €4m from his bank accounts over five years to November 2009.

He claims the bank and the accountants failed to detect the alleged extent of the fraud.

His application to have the action admitted to the Commercial Court, which fast tracks commercial cases, was opposed by the bank.

Senior Counsel, Michael McDowell, said Mr Clayton had not noticed €4.8m disappearing from his accounts for four years but seemed to think the bank should have noticed.

Mr Clayton is also taking separate legal proceedings against Ms Hawkins. The court heard an investigation is also being carried out by the garda fraud squad.

Mr Justice Peter Kelly said it would not be justified to make the Commercial Court's fast-track system available as the bank and the accountants would be under pressure to prepare the case speedily when the action against Ms Hawkins would not be moving so quickly.

He said it would be difficult for the defendants to get the necessary evidence while a garda investigation was under way.

© RTE, 2010

Shit. Same thing happened to me. About 10 years ago my millions have been bled dry. It started to happen around the time my son was born, then I was getting fleeced even more around the time my daughter arrived. Buggered if I know where it all went wink.gif