[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

bflorendo']btw...Next up:

I WILL FOLLOW.

a. Under a Blood Red Sky

b. Live from Paris (Joshua Tree Tour)

c. Popmart in Mexico

d. Live from Boston (Elevation Tour)

e. Live in Milan

I like the Elevation Tour version the best. Maybe it's coz of the "Your eyes" part. I didn't like the Popmart version...a follow up to Mofo. Btw, did you notice how many times Bono says, "Ok, goodnight....God bless you!" in Under a Blood Red Sky?

under a blood red sky version. when bono's eyes light up when he hears edge play the opening notes! and it was my first memory of watching blood red sky video back in 1991. brilliant!

Yeah, that's when Bono was walking off stage....it would have been very awkward, if he needed to piss like a race horse!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber
btw...Next up:

I WILL FOLLOW.

a. Under a Blood Red Sky

c. Popmart in Mexico

e. Live in Milan

I like the Elevation Tour version the best. Maybe it's coz of the "Your eyes" part. I didn't like the Popmart version...a follow up to Mofo. Btw, did you notice how many times Bono says, "Ok, goodnight....God bless you!" in Under a Blood Red Sky?

It is a rare live version, but I have to say when they performed this song during a surpise concert under the Brooklyn Bridge in NYC is my favorite. 

• Subscriber

[quote name='bflorendo wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

bflorendo']btw...Next up:

I WILL FOLLOW.

a. Under a Blood Red Sky

c. Popmart in Mexico

e. Live in Milan

under a blood red sky version. when bono's eyes light up when he hears edge play the opening notes! and it was my first memory of watching blood red sky video back in 1991. brilliant!

Yeah, that's when Bono was walking off stage....it would have been very awkward, if he needed to piss like a race horse!

post of the day!roll.gif

Next up:

ANGEL OF HARLEM.

a. ZooTV

b. Go Home

This is one of those songs that seems to make it to every tours' setlist (since Lovetown Tour), yet only appears in 2 live DVDs. I like the ZooTV version better, simply because it's in the round (B-stage). This is a party song, and what better way to perform it surrounded by a stadium filled with Aussie U2 fans! This also gives a good indication that U2 needs to release a DVD for the Lovetown Tour.....God II, Hawkmoon 269, All Along The Watchtower, Love Rescue Me, Van Dieman's Land, One Tree Hill....live versions that haven't been released on DVD yet!

God II, Hawkmoon 269, All Along The Watchtower, Love Rescue Me, Van Dieman's Land, One Tree Hill....live versions that haven't been released on DVD yet!
I have a Cd that a friend gave me with U2's New Year's Concert. January 1st 1990, on Dublin. I don't know if there is a DVD of this, for the intro it seems they were not on stage but through a screen. I've never looked up for it though. They do perform God II, All along the watchtower, Van Dieman´s land and One tree hill.

I'll go for Go Home Angel of Harlem version :)

• Subscriber

Next up:

ANGEL OF HARLEM.

a. ZooTV

b. Go Home

This is one of those songs that seems to make it to every tours' setlist (since Lovetown Tour), yet only appears in 2 live DVDs. I like the ZooTV version better, simply because it's in the round (B-stage). This is a party song, and what better way to perform it surrounded by a stadium filled with Aussie U2 fans! This also gives a good indication that U2 needs to release a DVD for the Lovetown Tour.....God II, Hawkmoon 269, All Along The Watchtower, Love Rescue Me, Van Dieman's Land, One Tree Hill....live versions that haven't been released on DVD yet!

Me say Slane! That funny moment when Bono has to count Adam and Larry in late: "One, two, three, four..."

[quote name='Eleogm wrote:

bflorendo']God II, Hawkmoon 269, All Along The Watchtower, Love Rescue Me, Van Dieman's Land, One Tree Hill....live versions that haven't been released on DVD yet!

I have a Cd that a friend gave me with U2's New Year's Concert. January 1st 1990, on Dublin. I don't know if there is a DVD of this, for the intro it seems they were not on stage but through a screen. I've never looked up for it though. They do perform God II, All along the watchtower, Van Dieman´s land and One tree hill.

I'll go for Go Home Angel of Harlem version :)

Yep, I have this CD already, as well as another one held on a different night at Point Depot. I wish they could release one of the shows that opens with Hawkmoon 269...they only performed this on some nights of this tour, only used as an opener....and it's a great live version! I do have a live version of it, but it would be great to see w/the of the concert.

• Subscriber
Next up:

ANGEL OF HARLEM.

a. ZooTV

b. Go Home

I'll have to say the Go Home Version

Over the years, U2 have played a select number of songs on almost every tour. The great thing is they always change it up, everytime they play those tunes....or is it? We'll go through their famous classics one at a time. We'll start with:

WITH OR WITHOUT YOU.

a. Rattle & Hum DVD

b. ZooTV

c. Popmart in Mexico

d. Live in Boston (Elevation Tour)

e. Go Home

f. Live from Milan

g. U2 360

My favorite is the Rattle & Hum DVD version. Especially the drums and the Shine part. They should go back to this version!

My favourite is also the Rattle & Hum version. Especially the Shine part!!

Why do you think they should go back to this version?

I know it sounds awesome...but do you think they could capture this moment again, if they done it again TODAY?