Which Live Version Do You Like?

bflorendo

• Subscriber
Next up:

ANGEL OF HARLEM.

a. ZooTV

b. Go Home

This is one of those songs that seems to make it to every tours' setlist (since Lovetown Tour), yet only appears in 2 live DVDs. I like the ZooTV version better, simply because it's in the round (B-stage). This is a party song, and what better way to perform it surrounded by a stadium filled with Aussie U2 fans! This also gives a good indication that U2 needs to release a DVD for the Lovetown Tour.....God II, Hawkmoon 269, All Along The Watchtower, Love Rescue Me, Van Dieman's Land, One Tree Hill....live versions that haven't been released on DVD yet!

Zoo TV.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry it's been awhile, so here goes:

WHERE THE STREETS HAVE NO NAME.

a. Rattle & Hum DVD

b. ZooTV

c. Popmart in Mexico

d. Live from Boston (Elevation Tour)

e. Go Home

f. Vertigo in Chicago

g. U2 360

I can tell you this maybe a hard one to pick, so it would be a process of elimination. I would go with the Go Home version. It's the tour after Bono's dad died, and it seems fresh to him, at the time...by paying homage to him, singing opera during the intro of Streets...it just hits me every time I hear it! Just the size of the crowd at Slane! Wish I was there. Live from Boston is a close 2nd. Rattle & Hum version gave me goose bumps, and basically set a standard for all live performances. U2 360 showed the magnitude of the crowd, but the way it was mixed (crowd level), the crowd seemed distant. The most disappointing one was Vertigo in Chicago, simply because they didn't light up the crowd....that might have been the one, if they did it....Bono had his reasons. The Popmart version was an electronica version, which was also good, but not as good as my favorite version.

• Subscriber

a. Rattle & Hum DVD

b. ZooTV

c. Popmart in Mexico

e. Go Home

f. Vertigo in Chicago

g. U2 360

I can tell you this maybe a hard one to pick, so it would be a process of elimination. I would go with the Go Home version. It's the tour after Bono's dad died, and it seems fresh to him, at the time...by paying homage to him, singing opera during the intro of Streets...it just hits me every time I hear it! Just the size of the crowd at Slane! Wish I was there. Live from Boston is a close 2nd. Rattle & Hum version gave me goose bumps, and basically set a standard for all live performances. U2 360 showed the magnitude of the crowd, but the way it was mixed (crowd level), the crowd seemed distant. The most disappointing one was Vertigo in Chicago, simply because they didn't light up the crowd....that might have been the one, if they did it....Bono had his reasons. The Popmart version was an electronica version, which was also good, but not as good as my favorite version.

I'll cross out Vertigo and R&H version. While good, there's something missing.

As to the rest...man, I just can't pick. I love the intro from Boston/Slane/Sydney. I love 360 version - while nothing amazing performance-wise, but the way it's shot it great. Some of the most amazing (IMHO) video moment of U2 live I've seen. I adore the extended version from PopMart. Really, really hard to pick from the all of these... I guess it sucks for me to have Streets as my favoutire song... lol

But untimately I'll pick Slane. Why? It was my first ever live U2 video I saw and it made me into what I'm now. It made me love Streets. That video made it my favourite song.

• Subscriber

a. Rattle & Hum DVD

b. ZooTV

c. Popmart in Mexico

e. Go Home

f. Vertigo in Chicago

g. U2 360

Totally agree with everything you've said...Slane was definately the best( and i was there) :D

• Subscriber

a. Rattle & Hum DVD

b. ZooTV

c. Popmart in Mexico

e. Go Home

f. Vertigo in Chicago

g. U2 360

I am going to say U2 360. The band were playing in the same key as the studio version, whereas previous versions (Chicago was the same as 360 but not as good) were ruined by having it down one key.

• Subscriber

a. Rattle & Hum DVD

b. ZooTV

c. Popmart in Mexico

e. Go Home

f. Vertigo in Chicago

g. U2 360

im going for a tie!

i love the slane version, but zootv! i love the old footage on the screens of them walking through the desert. and the whole 4 men chopping down the joshua tree lark! and zootv tied in! and larry smiles too!

chicago, i dont really like it apart from when bono leans on adam. but its not really good.

i like the 360 version as it looks like your actually onstage with them.

i also love the rattle and hum version too! longer intro is always welcome!

a. Rattle & Hum DVD

b. ZooTV

c. Popmart in Mexico

e. Go Home

f. Vertigo in Chicago

g. U2 360

For me every time the version that gets me is Popmart in Mexico...

Bono...on his knees... PLEEEEEEEEEEASE... and you can hear the organ in the background..the beginning of Streets...

PLEEEEEEEEEEASE.... please.... PLEEEEEASEEEEEE.....

and then Edge comes in with his guitar...

• Subscriber

a. Rattle & Hum DVD

b. ZooTV

c. Popmart in Mexico

e. Go Home

f. Vertigo in Chicago

g. U2 360

I have to go with the Go Home version. The sorrow in Bono's voice while he payed homage to his dad made this version of Streets quite an emotional one. Live from Boston is my second fav

a. Rattle & Hum DVD

b. ZooTV

c. Popmart in Mexico

e. Go Home

f. Vertigo in Chicago

g. U2 360

Streets is a hard one.

1 - Go Home (The emotion in this one is fantastic! Really powerful and amazing)

2 - Live from Boston (When the lights shine and Bono holds the note = AMAZING)

3 - ZOOTV

4 - Popmart Mexico (The transition kills it!)

5 - U2360 (The filming is good, but doesn't match to the other 4)

R&H is classic and Vertigo is just horrible. Not the typical Streets performance.