R.I.P. beautifull creature...

barbara1

• Subscriber

just found a beautifull, little blue butterfly, dying in the grass...

he's missing his legs on one side, and his antenna on the other, i wonder what happened to him?

if it was any other insect, i would kill it, just to avoid further suffering... but with a butterfly its not that easy.

somehow its just unthinkable for me to kill/damage such a beautifull, delicate creature. so i picked it up and gently laid it in a little box. so at least it has a safe, quiet place to die...

makes me think of this song, by boudewijn de groot, i loved it when my father (a big fan!) played it when i was just a little girl:

Verdronken vlinder  drowned butterfly

(Boudewijn de Groot)

Zo te sterven op het water met je vleugels van papier. (just dying on the water , with your paper-wings)

Zo maar drijven na het vliegen in de wolken, drijf je hier. (just floating after flying in the clouds, here you float)

Met je kleuren die vervagen, zonder zoeken zonder vragen. (with the colors, they are fading, without searching, without asking)

Eindelijk voor altijd rusten en de bloemen die je kuste. (finally you may rest forever; all the flowers that you kissed...)

Geuren die je hebt geweten alles kan je nu vergeten. (fragrances that you always knew... you may forget them all)

Op het water, wieg je heen en weer. (on the water, thats gently rocking you)

Zo te sterven op het water met je vleugels van papier. (just dying on the water, with your paper wings)

Als een vlinder die toch vliegen kan, tot in de blauwe lucht. (like a butterfly that can fly, up to the blue sky)

Als een vlinder altijd vrij en voor het leven op de vlucht. (like a butterfly , always free and fleeing from life)

Wil ik sterven op het water, maar dat is een zorg voor later. (i wanna die on the water, but i'll worry bout it later..)

Ik wil nu als vlinder vliegen, op de bloemen, blaren wiegen. (i wanna fly now, wanna rock on flowers and leafs...)

Maar zo hoog kan ik niet komen dus ik vlieg maar in mijn dromen. (but i can never get that high...so i'm just flying in my dreams)

Altijd ben ik voor het leven op de vlucht. (i always seem to be fleeing for life....)

Als een vlinder die toch vliegen kan tot in de blauwe lucht. (like a butterfly, that can fly up to the blue sky)

Om te leven dacht ik, je zou een vlinder moeten zijn. (to be living, i thought i should be a butterfly)

Om te leven heel ver weg, van alle leven, alle pijn. (to be living far away, from all the sorrow, all the pain...)

Maar ik heb niet langer hinder van jaloers zijn op een vlinder.(but no longer will i be envious at a butterfly..)

Als zelfs vlinders moeten sterven laat ik niet mijn jeugd bederven. (if even butterflies have to die, i wont waste my joy)

Ik kan zonder vliegen leven, wat zal ik nog langer geven (i can live without the flying, so why would i care any longer)

om een vlinder die verdronken is in mij. ( for the butterfly, who died inside of me)

Om te leven hoef ik echt geen vlinder meer te zijn. (to be living, i don have to be a butterfly any more)

You know Barbara, I once heard a story about a butterfly at it's birth moment, it was ready to come out of its cocoon, but had difficulty to do so. A man came in and saw it struggling so he decided to help and open the cocoon. Soon, the butterfly died because it didn't develop enough strength to live as it didn't go out of the cocoon by itself. We must let nature be..

Just wanted to share that. I remembered it while reading.

Beautiful song!! Thanks for sharing. :)

http://community.u2.com/domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/frown.gif">barbara1[/img]thats life i guess eleogm... and we humans always wanna change the outcome, but in the end it will just follow its path...

thanx for your comment.

I agree because (for an example) no matter how hard I to tried to follow my heart and get into the promotions end of the entertainment industry, I always wound up with the rejected letter instead of a job.