Bono at Live Aid...did anyone here go to this event?

voxxiegirl

Watch this clip...it is the second song ...Bono steals the song ;-)

I have been watching the Queen Live Aid videos on YouTube...Freddie is amazing...so sad he passed.

Did anyone here go to Live Aid?

What was the event like? Does anything compare these days to this event?

Does anything compare to Freddie? I am watching these clips and blown away to pieces.

• Subscriber

queen did release some shit in the 80's though, while u2 took over as u2's material seems the best amongst many music fans.

but freddie as a front man, its hard to see who comes close in terms of crowd control and performance.

• Subscriber

I was there , got two tickets the morning of the concert from an English actress called Katie Rabbet (ex girlfriend of Prince Andrew) She and a friend were at at  Joe Cocker concert  the evening before and were too tired to go to The Live Aid Concert , so I was offered the two tickets.

I was already a U2 fan at this time , and even-though Queen were brilliant U2 were better , when Bono came off the stage a buzz went through Wembly , it was unbelievable , pure magic , he made a connection. I also thought it was sad when the audience booed Paul Mc Cartney when his sound failed.

It was a magical day - Princess Diana , Freddy , Elton John ,The Who , U2 , I will never forget it .

wish i could go back into time, as my current age... and just for that one day, and experience live aid 85... BOTH.. wembley and philly. and whats funny is... i was about 4 and living about 20 mins away from the philly one when it all happened and watched some on TV. hah.