Disappointed in Bono

silkspectre

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just disappointed that Bono attended Alicia Keys' wedding to Swiss Beatz. Alicia got involved with a married man who had a child.  In other words, she destroyed an entire family.  This was how she ended up pregnant in the first place.  Adultery is adultery.  It doesn't matter who you are or how rich and famous.  I thought Bono had better standards and some sense of right and wrong.  I thought he was the poster boy for ethics and morals.  The fact that so many people condone this type of behavior is scary.  I don't care if it's 2010.  It's just wrong.

I'm also disappointed that my concert wad cancelled.  That, however, was unavoidable and forgiveable. 

Just being honest. 

how about your standards?
are you still a fan of the band ? plan on attending concerts and listening to their music despite your disappointment? 
You do realize that your  judgement is now in question.

I don't know a thing about Alicia Keyes and her personal affairs but to put blame on one person in a relationship that involves  at least three people is ridiculous.

As far as business goes, Alicia Keys has a bad reputation with several roadies. She's in several 'black books' of who not to work with. From what I heard, she's unappreciative and difficult to work with. Has attitude and condescending. As for U2, their crew is happy to be working with them. Very humble and appreciative of what the crew does. Heck, we had a buffet for lunch, and endless amounts of drinks (unfortunately non-alcoholic...for the heat) on the job. And we're all given a shirt...which bands rarely do these days. As for the U2 road crew, I've never seen more bikes than this tour....I think there's like 50 bikes.

• Subscriber
yes, adultery is wrong, tis true...

now let me tell ya a little story

this woman was caught in adultery

she was dragged out to an open area to be stoned to death

by the "morality police" of the time

some dude named jesus stopped by

he posed a question to them:

if any of you have no sin, then let them cast a stone...

they pondered the question

and realized that, no, none of them was truely without any sin themselves!

so they all walked away

and didnt murder her...

then jesus asked her, "does no one condem you?"

she said, "no"

and jesus said, "neither do I"...

and, "go and sin no more"

In other words, no one is perfect, learn from your mistakes, and try your best to do better!

hey, sounds good to me!

Well said, Spicy.....

As far as business goes, Alicia Keys has a bad reputation with several roadies. She's in several 'black books' of who not to work with. From what I heard, she's unappreciative and difficult to work with. Has attitude and condescending. As for U2, their crew is happy to be working with them. Very humble and appreciative of what the crew does. Heck, we had a buffet for lunch, and endless amounts of drinks (unfortunately non-alcoholic...for the heat) on the job. And we're all given a shirt...which bands rarely do these days. As for the U2 road crew, I've never seen more bikes than this tour....I think there's like 50 bikes.
are we talking Harleys, baby? voom voom!

?!?

Since when did Bono become pure as driven snow?  Someone else has already nudged at Bono's willingness to kowtow to the Bush/Blair axis-of-awful team--and I'd say that being silent about the wars they launched (and the AFRICOM setup in Africa) as a trade-off for a bit of foreign aid that would no doubt have been doled out anyways...So.  Hmmm.   Doing the celebrity-wedding thing for a gal who's reportedly high-maintenance and a home-wrecker?  Annoying, but hardly a huge lapse of moral judgment. 

Then there's the etiquette side to this: Attending a wedding as a guest does not necessarily imply any approval or disapproval of the behavior of either the bride or groom (or their religion, political views, voting habits, etc.)  It's a wedding, not an opinion poll.

-- eaplatt