Please release the rock album instead of the dance album!

peterferris8

• Subscriber

Bono was recently interviewed and said that there were 4 albums ready- SOA, Spiderman, a rock album and a dance album. It seems the dance album might be what comes next. Am I the only one who doesn't want the dance album released, and would rather hear the rock album or at least SOA (an ambient album)? If you disagree with me, then say yes, but if you DO agree with me, say no!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

@MacFoley: ah ah! :D

At the end of 2009 it looked like they were going to release something before the tour in 2010... now I hope for the US fans they will really do it. Otherwise you'll get another greatest hits show :P

i dont care what they release. any new music by u2 is welcome. reason is because they are coming towards the end of their career and the more albums then its all good.

i would rather listen to the dance album then make a judgement after because it could be really good.

i would prefer they saved the rock album for their last one, go out on a high if they decide to work with rick rubin. rubin and u2, could be a marridge made in heaven! maybe edge will be on fire for the last ever u2 album.

Knowing U2, they'll probably pull something out of the hat. Maybe all 3 at once. If other bands are finding new ways to release their CD's, then you could count on U2 trying to top them all. Smashing Pumpkins has 44 songs on their new album, but is being released online for free...about 4 songs at a time. Others, like Radiohead and Angels & Airwaves, have either given theirs for free, or the fan determining the price. The rock album, I heard, is supposed to be reminiscent of the 1st 3 U2 albums....guitar driven....maybe some of the Rick Rubin recordings. The club album....are they all new songs? Some could be remixes of the new songs from the rock album and Songs of Ascent. Then there's Songs of Ascent....I know Brian Eno is having the time of his life with this one! They'll probably handle the Spiderman CD a little different....more centered around the Broadway musical. All I know is, when U2 releases a new album, they back it up w/a tour....with Bono being resilient, I can't see him, and the others making U2 360 their last tour. I'm all for anyone of those!!!

Knowing U2, they'll probably pull something out of the hat. Maybe all 3 at once. If other bands are finding new ways to release their CD's, then you could count on U2 trying to top them all. Smashing Pumpkins has 44 songs on their new album, but is being released online for free...about 4 songs at a time. Others, like Radiohead and Angels & Airwaves, have either given theirs for free, or the fan determining the price. The rock album, I heard, is supposed to be reminiscent of the 1st 3 U2 albums....guitar driven....maybe some of the Rick Rubin recordings. The club album....are they all new songs? Some could be remixes of the new songs from the rock album and Songs of Ascent. Then there's Songs of Ascent....I know Brian Eno is having the time of his life with this one! They'll probably handle the Spiderman CD a little different....more centered around the Broadway musical. All I know is, when U2 releases a new album, they back it up w/a tour....with Bono being resilient, I can't see him, and the others making U2 360 their last tour. I'm all for anyone of those!!!

• Subscriber

Bono was recently interviewed and said that there were 4 albums ready- SOA, Spiderman, a rock album and a dance album. It seems the dance album might be what comes next. Am I the only one who doesn't want the dance album released, and would rather hear the rock album or at least SOA (an ambient album)? If you disagree with me, then say yes, but if you DO agree with me, say no!

Why would you not like something you haven't heard yet? Why not wait until something more concrete materializes then pass judgment.

• Subscriber

Why would you not like something you haven't heard yet? Why not wait until something more concrete materializes then pass judgment.