iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

Bajagirl

• Subscriber

And here's the reason for the increased transaction fee:

PLEASE NOTE: Guidelines released by the Reserve Bank of Australia, which regulate how credit card merchant fees are collected, allow for retailers to pass on the cost of credit card payments to the consumer. In this instance the promoter has elected to pass these fees onto consumers that are paying by credit card, and therefore the Transaction Fee has been increased to cover this cost.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I got the impresssion that the stage would be in the centre of a statdium thus giving everyone similar access.

But from that map of melbourne it would appear that one end of the stadium will be at a huge advantage.

And you'd hope a reserved seat at the la trobe st end would be $39 since you'd be looking at the back of an ant's head most of the time.

• Subscriber

[quote name='Nniixx wrote:

Jodes']well as an Horizon member, l find it unfair with only two groups...  l have been a paid member for years (since before their last tour).  
I just want to get tickets - if l dont.... hmmmmm..... 
mad.gif

Maybe they've looked at the stats of how many members of each group have already used their pre-sales codes for US and or Europe concerts and they don't think the demand justifies it ?

Or Ticketek and Ticketmaster have said bugger off we're not pandering to that sort staggered sales our systems don't cater for it, after all we are downunder and most people up north barely know where we are.

Geez, you dont even have ANY info and you all are already complaining tongue.gif tsk tsk

The sales are staggered, with windows of 2-4 hrs per level with a total of 5 levels. If you miss your window, you can buy at ANYTIME during the presale, but you cannot buy before your level starts. wink.gif Hope this helps

• Subscriber

[quote name='Nniixx wrote:

Jodes']well as an Horizon member, l find it unfair with only two groups...  l have been a paid member for years (since before their last tour).  
I just want to get tickets - if l dont.... hmmmmm..... 
mad.gif

Maybe they've looked at the stats of how many members of each group have already used their pre-sales codes for US and or Europe concerts and they don't think the demand justifies it ?

Or Ticketek and Ticketmaster have said bugger off we're not pandering to that sort staggered sales our systems don't cater for it, after all we are downunder and most people up north barely know where we are.

Geez, you dont even have ANY info and you all are already complaining tongue.gif tsk tsk

The sales are staggered, with windows of 2-4 hrs per level with a total of 5 levels. If you miss your window, you can buy at ANYTIME during the presale, but you cannot buy before your level starts. wink.gif Hope this helps

• Subscriber

I've just managed to reserve seats in Aisle 23, level 2 at Etihad stadium for my pregnant wife and I through the Medallion club (i'm a member). Looking at the seating plan it seems we will be quite far away since the claw is not centered, but I'm hoping this allows us to take in the whole show as well :) Has anyone here done the stadium seating at a 360 concert before?? and what did they think of it?? My mate and I have already decided that if there is a 2nd show in Melb (hopefully there will be), we will be doing GA like we did at Popmart and Vertigo. The wives will just have to stay at home :)

It does help, thank you. smile.gif

[quote name='bsd1 wrote:

Bajagirl']

Geez, you dont even have ANY info and you all are already complaining
tongue.gif
tsk tsk

The sales are staggered, with windows of 2-4 hrs per level with a total of 5 levels. If you miss your window, you can buy at ANYTIME during the presale, but you cannot buy before your level starts.
wink.gif
Hope this helps

It does help, thank you. smile.gif

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works but it looks like there ISN'T a staggered sale this time around. From the updated official FAQ:

All subscribers with a valid subscription and presale code before Sun. 22 Aug. 7AM NZ / 5AM AU have access on Day 1 of the presale, Thursday August 26th. All those with subscriptions taken out from after this time ('Cedars' Subscribers) will have access to the presale from 1pm on Monday 30th August

Archived