willies diary says hes working on trying to throw your arms around the world

xtraspicy62

It says Drowning Man didn't work out so they scrapped it after many tries. I'd rather have Drowning Man. I think it's weird to not be able to play a song because of all of your extremely high tech contraptions. The songs, music should be first and foremost, not the affects and if the song works with them or not.

• Subscriber
It says Drowning Man didn't work out so they scrapped it after many tries. I'd rather have Drowning Man. I think it's weird to not be able to play a song because of all of your extremely high tech contraptions. The songs, music should be first and foremost, not the affects and if the song works with them or not.

Yeah, that's also what I think...

In 1984 Adam was quoted as saying:

Do you actually have a favourite U2 song?

"I think "Drowning Man" is my favourite. It's got so much emotion and poise in it. And I think it's quite odd sounding as well. I mean, the vocals are terrific and I think the backing track is just a lovely swell, and feel of water almost, to it. It's like a waterfall."

Doesn't Drowning Man deserve to be a segue in or out of Every Bereaking Wave? I mean no disrepect when I type this, they are making it up as they go along, that is the band and crew. There were some awesome test graphics in the 360 DVD extras that i believe we still have not seen projected in concert. These questions could change in every venue, as the subtitles of Tutu etc are always in the host venue's language.  So, too, could the graphics, lighting and staging.

Both are great songs, but I think TTTYAAW is just a tad too prom night slow dance for this true romantic looking for a TV sound. Bring a lass onstage for that Drowning Man see her melt. When was the last time they belted out Wire or Indian Summer Sky?

"I think "Drowning Man" is my favourite. It's got so much emotion and poise in it. And I think it's quite odd sounding as well. I mean, the vocals are terrific and I think the backing track is just a lovely swell, and feel of water almost, to it. It's like a waterfall."

Doesn't Drowning Man deserve to be a segue in or out of Every Bereaking Wave? I mean no disrepect when I type this, they are making it up as they go along, that is the band and crew. There were some awesome test graphics in the 360 DVD extras that i believe we still have not seen projected in concert. These questions could change in every venue, as the subtitles of Tutu etc are always in the host venue's language.  So, too, could the graphics, lighting and staging.

Both are great songs, but I think TTTYAAW is just a tad too prom night slow dance for this true romantic looking for a TV sound. Bring a lass onstage for that Drowning Man see her melt. When was the last time they belted out Wire or Indian Summer Sky?

really good points---thanks

Even though U2 360 is mind-blowing, and innovative, I don't think U2 will have it this big again. It's starting to turn out to be the Willie Williams show. It seems like he's the one dictating what songs U2 can play, based on lighting and video presentations....not the sound. They just need to do it like Pearl Jam style, so they have the freedom to play any song they want to. Even The Edge said that Pearl Jam was a better live band than them.

Yeah, in 1984.  They've made more songs since then.