Do we live again ?

nazhira

• Subscriber

I have just came from a restaurant where I've had dinner with my husband, and suddenly we started to have this discussion,

What is happening when we die, are there any other lives to live as humans (or something else), nothing happens, you go to heaven or meeting with God, you reach Nirvana ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Well, my position;

I believe we live many lives, I can remember moments from three of them actually.

I was wondering, what do you think / believe about this matter ?

PS: Seriously or not, what ever...

I just hope what we are going through here on earth, the experiences, lessons learned, the moments..good and bad do count for something. If it all just ends, then nothing. I'm gonna be real pissed!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

[quote name='U2LAWoman wrote:

nazhira']I have just came from a restaurant where I've had dinner with my husband, and suddenly we started to have this discussion,

What is happening when we die, are there any other lives to live as humans (or something else), nothing happens, you go to heaven or meeting with God, you reach Nirvana ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Well, my position;

I believe we live many lives, I can remember moments from three of them actually.

I just hope what we are going through here on earth, the experiences, lessons learned, the moments..good and bad do count for something. If it all just ends, then nothing. I'm gonna be real pissed!!

Oh I gotta agree with that!!  It seems like a whole lot of trouble if we end up no where!! embarassed.gif

[quote name='U2LAWoman wrote:

nazhira']I have just came from a restaurant where I've had dinner with my husband, and suddenly we started to have this discussion,

Well, my position;

do you think we're serving our time in hell right now? i bet the people in pakistan might be wondering this very thing...

what i mean is that it seems there is no literal hell in the ground below with fire and brimstone....hell is right here and now

Doesn't sound to me like Naz wants to limit the scope as much as simply leave off labels that can be hot buttons for some people, which in fact might limit the scope....

Whoops.  My fault.  I really shouldn't read/respond to things when I'm russian... I mean rushin'.

If you read again you'll see that's exactly what I'm saying...

The specific sentence about religions is what I think about them.

Me, I'm the person who would never put limits what other people wants to say, I you want to critizice Mormons, you have the right to do it. In the same way I have the right to say that I think this discussion is not the one I'm interested in. But It's just what I feel.

PS: How have you been doing mummy ? I hope everything is ok in you life !

Sorry Naz,  I was in a rush when I read it.  And I only glanced over it quickly and then made a quick response.  My mistake.  :-)

Anyway, to address the original question/observation without referring to anyone's religious affiliations:

I don't believe in any existence other than the existence we have now.  I don't believe we lived before and that we will live as someone else when we die.  I believe that the force that actuates our mind creates a personality based on that force and its interaction with the chemicals within our brain.  The force itself has no mind or personality in itself.  It's similar to electricity in that electrical power is nothing unless it has a medium for conducting itself.  ah.... I have a banquet to go to now but I'll finish this later..... it's a long discussion that requires a lot of explaining.... needless to say,  I've spent many hours thinking on this

• Subscriber

Make the BEST of the life you have NOW. Do your best. Do what makes YOU happy. Please only the ones that are important to you. Do not try to impress people...

In short: Be yourself, and enjoy the ride!

That has been my life approach for many years now...

I'm a christian, Methodist actually, but I've always believed in reincarnation. Even as a kid I use to think your soul had to stay here until you got it right, then you could go to heaven. It's somewhat changed since my childhood ways but I still believe your soul is tested and tested and tested again, that we get sent back to do that (well of souls), there's only a finite amount which is why it seems like there are so many people walking around that seems like they have no soul. Lots of empty shells. So until your soul gets it right you just get sent back and start again...I also think you can't just take your life and start again. So I'm a christian mutt, got a little bit of all kinds of different religions and beliefs in me, but I do believe in the Lord.

[quote name='mummy wrote:

nazhira']

If you read again you'll see that's exactly what I'm saying...

The specific sentence about religions is what I think about them.

Me, I'm the person who would never put limits what other people wants to say, I you want to critizice Mormons, you have the right to do it. In the same way I have the right to say that I think this discussion is not the one I'm interested in. But It's just what I feel.

PS: How have you been doing mummy ? I hope everything is ok in you life !

Sorry Naz,  I was in a rush when I read it.  And I only glanced over it quickly and then made a quick response.  My mistake.  :-)

Anyway, to address the original question/observation without referring to anyone's religious affiliations:

I don't believe in any existence other than the existence we have now.  I don't believe we lived before and that we will live as someone else when we die.  I believe that the force that actuates our mind creates a personality based on that force and its interaction with the chemicals within our brain.  The force itself has no mind or personality in itself.  It's similar to electricity in that electrical power is nothing unless it has a medium for conducting itself.  ah.... I have a banquet to go to now but I'll finish this later..... it's a long discussion that requires a lot of explaining.... needless to say,  I've spent many hours thinking on thisHi sweety ! you have nothing to be sorry about. You know I love you...

that force, it's a good idea, but still that force can make us live many lives, or go to heaven, or live in hell like others say... what about this force... when, how, where, who, ... ?

I'm a christian, Methodist actually, but I've always believed in reincarnation. Even as a kid I use to think your soul had to stay here until you got it right, then you could go to heaven. It's somewhat changed since my childhood ways but I still believe your soul is tested and tested and tested again, that we get sent back to do that (well of souls), there's only a finite amount which is why it seems like there are so many people walking around that seems like they have no soul. Lots of empty shells. So until your soul gets it right you just get sent back and start again...I also think you can't just take your life and start again. So I'm a christian mutt, got a little bit of all kinds of different religions and beliefs in me, but I do believe in the Lord.
I can't still see the diference, the oposite believe in there... I think Bono was asked once about this...