I really like U2 BUT...

Infin8tum

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going back to the first post in this thread, I hope that article isn't true about the ONE campaign. That said, what is coincidental is that I read the following in another article just today about (RED):

(RED) – Launched in 2006 by Irish singer and musician Bono, (RED) partners with major brands like American Express, Apple, Gap and Starbucks to design and market special (RED) products. Half the profits from (RED) sales go to the Global Fund to finance HIV/AIDS projects in Africa. The initiative has raised US$150 million so far, and is the Global Fund's largest private sector contributor.

Full article here: http://www.plusnews.org/Report.aspx?ReportId=90638 courtesy of IRIN, the humanitarian news and analysis service of the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs

More facts less kneejerk 'faith'. Both sides deserve questioning, but know that both sides selectively filter data and attack foes with half-truths. Loving most of this commentary. My money and hopes are on the healers and those who act, not the bystander skeptics. Way easier to complain, way harder to seek solutions.