Rolling Stones top 100 Rock Drummers

surrenders

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

[quote name='peterferris8 wrote:

Fortitude']Meh - get real - sure, we love Larry, but by his own admission, he is not the most proficient drummer - there are people everywhere that crap all over Lazz in terms of technical proficiency.

Exactly why I'm more bothered about a different drummer not being at number 1.Well Pete, feel free to enlighten us as to why you're pissed off that Dave Grohl isn't number 1.

I must say I'm a huge fan of Dave, and have seen him play many, many times in various bands over the last 15 years, and as much as I rate him as a rock legend, he's in my POV, simply not the best.

So let us know what it is you feel elevates him above Dave Lombardo for example.....

• Subscriber

[quote name='peterferris8 wrote:

Fortitude']Meh - get real - sure, we love Larry, but by his own admission, he is not the most proficient drummer - there are people everywhere that crap all over Lazz in terms of technical proficiency.

Exactly why I'm more bothered about a different drummer not being at number 1.Well Pete, feel free to enlighten us as to why you're pissed off that Dave Grohl isn't number 1.

I must say I'm a huge fan of Dave, and have seen him play many, many times in various bands over the last 15 years, and as much as I rate him as a rock legend, he's in my POV, simply not the best.

So let us know what it is you feel elevates him above Dave Lombardo for example.....

• Subscriber

And let's not forget how Josh Homme went to the jungle, found a gorilla with mad skills, shaved him, taught him how wear trousers, and let him join Queens Of The Stonage!

Joey Castillo!!!

Now Pete, over the years I've seen QOTSA live with Dave Grohl and Joey on drums.

As cool as it was to see Dave join QOTSA, he's seriously got nothing on Joey "The Gorilla" Castillo!

• Subscriber

And let's not forget how Josh Homme went to the jungle, found a gorilla with mad skills, shaved him, taught him how wear trousers, and let him join Queens Of The Stonage!

Joey Castillo!!!

Now Pete, over the years I've seen QOTSA live with Dave Grohl and Joey on drums.

As cool as it was to see Dave join QOTSA, he's seriously got nothing on Joey "The Gorilla" Castillo!