Your 2 -Year Plan...

security_in_anonymity

• Subscriber

Good luck everyone, there are some amazing dreams and plans!

My life drastically changed at the end of August. I have always been a single gal, just me and my cat. A long-term relationship ended and I was trying to figure out what to do with my life. My 16 year old niece called and asked if she could live with me as her crazy mother was moving out and basically abandoning her. It was quite a jump into motherhood for me, school shopping, etc. plus all the drama that comes with being a teenager. Also I have received no financial help with her, red tape and government bullshit. My brother is still getting child support deducted from his pay, but its on hold by the government until everything gets completed so he can't afford to help out much. Her boyfriend is a real sweetie, he loves U2 and his home life is less than stable so he is here most of the time too.

My niece and I had been planning to go to Seattle in June to see U2. She has been asked to run in a pageant/youth ambassador type contest, and the big weekend is, you guessed it, when U2 are in Seattle. So now we are planning to go to either Toronto or Montreal in July. Its going to cost alot and my budget is drained, but we are going to save like crazy as we want to go and that kid deserves a nice vacation.

My two-year plan? Well basically look after Jennifer until she graduates from high school and finally get my gastric bypass surgery. My health will be drastically improved after that and I will look fabulous!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A big wrench just got thrown into our 2 year plan. Over a hundred people were just let go at work and I'm one of them. The only thing that bothers me is not having the paycheck so things will be tight. I won't miss working there at all, horrid company, unscrupulous, greedy, politics and cliques all over, it was liking being in high school, slave drivers. They have a few lawsuits against them and one of the biggest they just lost. Karma's a bitch :)

I'll gladly take the severance and they can pay me the unemployment for the next year until we move.

[quote name='petermullen wrote:

surrenders wrote:

security_in_anonymity']
Surrenders, thank you for your well-wishes.  And, I am really
really
sorry to hear about your situation and your home.  This economy is not stuttering....it is undergoing radical transition.  As is everything now.  People don't even realize.  Most of those jobs lost will never come back.  Look to the future and the emerging frameworks and transform your life in step with these...this is the only way.

I am doing what I am because I am fed up with showing up to work--to do things which are so simple to do, which I can do without even thinking of them....they require no more than a side thought--and I am constantly encountering folks who somehow think they are doing me a favor allowing me to even be in their presence working for them, and in recent years, working for them for free!  And they do so little themselves.  They have been wholly unimpressive.  I will not do it. I will not work for them. I will withhold, even if it means going to the gutter.

They submit me to these "tests," which are so simplistic and offensive in their assumptions.  I figure, anyone not bright enough to give me a test worthy of my abilities, probably doesn't deserve to benefit from anything I have to offer.  So, I walk away.  Have walked away.  Have walked away into nothing-ness.  It is an issue of pride and sense of self-worth and a belief that those less capable should not be allowed to rob from my skills to fraudlently carry themselves.  I have an ego, but it is justified.  
laugh.gif

Of course, this has left me high and dry with nothing at all...truly nothing.  Not even a home.  But I believe my abilities and my visions and my capacities are so far beyond what these people I have met in recent years can even begin to think about.  Eventually...I will prevail.  I am certain of this.

I have worked for and interviewed with top people, in top positions of influence in policy and industry...and I have been completely floored with how simplistic they are.  And how nasty.  And they are arrogant...they do not even realize how mediocre they appear to me.  They believe they are so desirable.

So....I will try to do something, again, on my own.  And, eventually,  will find that super-sharp group with whom to work.  My written references are excellent....I know I am not operating under a delusion about myself or my capacity.

And, I know I deserve to be with cutting-edge thinkers who are ethical and kind and committed to true, superior excellence...and that my visions
are
the visions of the future.

Thanks again.

Yes we are undergoing a radical economic change in this country and most Americans do not realize it.  That's why the mid-term elections coming up are important, because it's not really politics as usual.  There is a battle going on right now between the two parties about which direction to lead this country.  Look at the 2 rallies in DC recently, look at the huge philosophical differences betweent he two, bigger differences then ever before.  One is for changes and the other is for the same old business as usual that got us into this mess.

Corporate America is the devil in this mess.  My husband and I have worked in it for 40 years and the radical changes we've seen is horrid.  The greed is astonishing and the political influence they have is disgusting.  We're both looking at retirement in 10-12 years, hopefully, and we want off the grid, the hamster wheel, etc.  What worries us is our 18 year old son and what's ahead for him.  He's not sure what he wants to pursue for a career and we're not even sure what to advise him to study.  We don't want him any where near corprate America!  He's a smart, creative kid but not a real studious person.  His talents lay elsewhere then books, formal schooling, he thinks outside the box.  Those things are not valued anymore.  Why go to college for 4 expensive years when you can't get a job when you're through and companies don't want to pay you what you're degree is worth, overqualifed bullshit.  They want a cheap labor force. Employees are now looked upon as an expense instead of an asset.  Everything is upside down from what it use to be.  Why bother to even own a home anymore?  If we do sell the house, we never want to own again, not worth it.

As scary as is might be to think about this in relation to my daughter,who is 14.....but we are definitely headed towards some kind of revolution....not necessarily a violent one...but one that will change everything radically. A slow process, given the fact that those entrenched with power and money will do all they can to keep things the same. Creative thinking will be the engine of this revolution, along with the horrors that are the results of greed and closed minds.

Totally agree with you!

• Subscriber

In two years, I'm planning to be done with my health information tech degree and certification, and be working at a public health department, either here in MN, or possibly in Canada. A couple of years after that, I'll go back to school for a bachelor's degree, and later, a master's. Oh, and I want to get a degree in public health, too. It's an area that's just starting to utilize HIT, so the sky's the limit!!

• Subscriber

In two years, I'm planning to be done with my health information tech degree and certification, and be working at a public health department, either here in MN, or possibly in Canada. A couple of years after that, I'll go back to school for a bachelor's degree, and later, a master's. Oh, and I want to get a degree in public health, too. It's an area that's just starting to utilize HIT, so the sky's the limit!!

looks like you've got some studying to do, linnea, good luck with it!

• Subscriber

I'm going to finish my studies in sosiology and after graduating I really wish I'll get a new job....

I also want to see places in the world I haven't seen yet.

And I definitely want to take better care of the people I love and be in contact with them more often.

Wish everyone good luck and strenght with your plans!!!!