Your Visions of the Future

security_in_anonymity

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(sorry, I posted this initially in the U2 section by accident.  Moved it to here)

Hi.  Do you spend much time thinking about the future--the near or far future?  I think about it all the time. I think I may actually live in the future, and somehow my body is stuck back here! laugh.gif

What do you think is coming?  What are your projections?  I will start with a few I foresee within the next 5-15 years.

1.   An Independent political candidate will emerge in the US political arena--propelled by a campaign and media strategy that upends the normal approaches, and who will be able to secure the majority of support from both the Democratic and Republican power and economic bases.  This candidate will be technology-oriented, business friendly, internationally-oriented in vision, domestically-oriented in defense, socially liberal, conservative in defense and economics but with a strong impulse toward innovation.  The candidate might be a female and will be unconventional in most of  the standard markers that define a political candidate.  He/she will be both charismatic and technocratic.  Religion will either play no role at all in this campaign, or will play such a decisive role, that religion as an institution will be forever altered in the U.S.

2. Advanced virtual reality interfaces will be common mediums for human-to-human and  human-to-environment interactions.

3.  We will experience the first large terrorist bio-weapon attack somewhere in the world.

4.  The idea that  not eating animals might be the moral and most healthful thing to do will become mainstream

5.  We will hear the first news stories of successful human cloning
Why are all of these exccept for the first depressing!!!

4. might not be depressing, but I don't want to give up meat - I like a nice piece of juicy steak, or a pork chop cooked inside my parents fire heater ...or one of my favourite...shellfish of any kind .....nom nom nom ...

Please don't hate me all you vegetarians out there. I do not eat meat very often, maybe three times a week. It is the best source of Iron you know.

I have thought about going to vegetarianism, but it is natural laws of science. I do feel sad for the animals and guitly sometimes when I am eating meat and think about the slaughterhouses and disgusting things that happen to the animal... but it is mass production which is required to provide for city levels. Maybe if I lived in a farm in the outback I could do my own hunting and wouldn't feel so disgusting about the thught of slaughterhouses.

Your vision that the whole human race will be vegetarian makes me believe that you are a vegetarian. It is a nice vision that the whole world will adopt something you firmly believe to be true.

Many of my beliefs stem from the bible and christianity. God does not forbid us from eating meat, or even shellfish.

And it is simple science. A lion would eat me for dinner in a moment if I was left in the cage with him at the zoo....he wouldn't think twice.

I'm not eating meat just to spite the lions.

number 3 scares me ...and so does #5.

SO WRONG!!!!!

123love is right. The world will be a worse place before it is a better place.

Will it ever be a better place?? Not until it is renewed and this will happen according to God.

sorry if my views on vegetarianism offend anyone - this is not my intent.......... and I know it is so selfish to justify eating meat because 1. it tastes good and 2. the food chain.

But from a nutrition point of view - meat is filled with nutrients that you will be chewing away on salad for hours to get the same nutrition. Screw salad...it doesn't taste that good either.

sorry if my views on vegetarianism offend anyone - this is not my intent.........

Why would it be offensive? We are all grown up and we should respect differences between people and cultures. However, I'm trying not to eat much meat, I am not vegetarian, but I'm sorry of animals dieing in factories only because of human beings.

voxxiegirl wrote

Why are all of these exccept for the first depressing!!!

4. might not be depressing, but I don't want to give up meat - I like a nice piece of juicy steak, or a pork chop cooked inside my parents fire heater ...or one of my favourite...shellfish of any kind .....nom nom nom ...

Please don't hate me all you vegetarians out there. I do not eat meat very often, maybe three times a week. It is the best source of Iron you know.

I have thought about going to vegetarianism, but it is natural laws of science. I do feel sad for the animals and guitly sometimes when I am eating meat and think about the slaughterhouses and disgusting things that happen to the animal... but it is mass production which is required to provide for city levels. Maybe if I lived in a farm in the outback I could do my own hunting and wouldn't feel so disgusting about the thught of slaughterhouses.

Your vision that the whole human race will be vegetarian makes me believe that you are a vegetarian. It is a nice vision that the whole world will adopt something you firmly believe to be true.

Many of my beliefs stem from the bible and christianity. God does not forbid us from eating meat, or even shellfish.

And it is simple science. A lion would eat me for dinner in a moment if I was left in the cage with him at the zoo....he wouldn't think twice.

I'm not eating meat just to spite the lions.

number 3 scares me ...and so does #5.

SO WRONG!!!!!

123love is right. The world will be a worse place before it is a better place.

Will it ever be a better place?? Not until it is renewed and this will happen according to God.

sorry if my views on vegetarianism offend anyone - this is not my intent.......... and I know it is so selfish to justify eating meat because 1. it tastes good and 2. the food chain.

But from a nutrition point of view - meat is filled with nutrients that you will be chewing away on salad for hours to get the same nutrition. Screw salad...it doesn't taste that good either.

Firstly,  I'm laughing at "nom nom nom".

I like meat but I like salad too. So, I guess, if we could somehow alter our salad in such a way that we could get the same nutrients out of it like we can get out of meat, vegetarians won't look so blue anymore! tongue.gif

I feel sorry for the lions... you've generalised about every lion on this planet... what if one of those lions is vegetarian?  Like the one on Madagascar? smile.gif

Re: Vegetarianism....I am not advocating for anything. I am just projecting based on trends in evidence today. Health, longevity, sustainability, increases in understanding of exactly where humans are in the chain and what they really need to thrive in the modern world, rampant obesity, etc....will lead to radical re-thinks. After 20 years, I finally see things coming into the mainstream that have been considered "fringe" my entire life. Like sustainable energy and organic produce, "green" sensibilities, to name just a few.