Autumn Fitness---Share Here----

xtraspicy62

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Wrap up warm - stick on the walking shoes and get out in the country and take a nice brisk walk. I love this weather for walking!

On my day off yesterday I did just as that. I went for a 5 mile walk across the fields, it was so peaceful ( managed to leave ipod at home) listening to the birds, the trees looked brilliant. I picked up some conkers and even picked some blackberries and made a pie when I got home.

Walked off the calories and then put them straight back on eating pie !! oh well...

When I don't make it to the gym, I put on a 20 lb/8-10kg pack and walk on a treadmill in my living room at least four nights a week for 45-60 mins while on the web (I put a desk on my treadmill) or watching the "Mad Men" DVDs on my laptop. I can also do stair steps in between my home office and the living room while watching tv. On weekends I cut firewood in the mountains near town (Santa Fe, New Mexico USA) or hike the nearby hills with my weighted pack if I have the time. As a hunter, I have to be in shape to get up and down mountains looking for game. I cut out the junk food, eat right and limit martinis to two nights a week. I bought a four pack of Guinness in April and have one left, although I drink red wine because it's good for the heart. ; ) I'm the same age as Bono and look like I'm 10 years younger than I am. I've lost 8 pounds/4 kg since last Christmas.

Does autumn fitness have any relation to Christmas cakes? I mean, you lose some pounds so you can eat all you want during Christmas time?

Where I come from people normally start dieting around this time of the year so that they can look good at the beach during summertime (Dec onwards). I believe it's not the reason you'd particularly diet for. That is why I ask. 

I've been cycling more often before it gets too cold and rainy.

• Subscriber

I find it is best to mix things up so that they don't become a chore. Swimming is one of the best all round exercises expecially if you have bad joints.  Aqua aerobics is particularly good as your muscles work twice as hard with the resistance of water put you don't even feel it and you don't get the same ache as you do with weights because you don't strain yourself as much.

Walking is one of the oldest and best forms of exercise and when it is a nice autumn day it is amazing with all the different colours on the trees, just being outside and connecting with nature has an amazing response on the human soul.

But the very best and most enjoyable of all is sex.

Unfortunately some of us aint getting any (although like the song says learning to love yourself is the greatest love of all and that also counts as a great calorie burner) so those of you with an available partner make the most of them and tell them that you want to use them as part of your fitness routine and with the nights getting longer it is so much more romantic.

Ladies turn off their electrical toys i.e playstations etc and say that you have to save electricity with todays economic climate (and you're saving for xmas) and light candles instead - the light is so much more flattering.

Also you can't beat dancing around to U2 songs cos they really get your heart pounding and cheer you up at the same time.

Laughing is a really great stomach toner as it does it from the inside.roll.gif

• Subscriber

If the weather is good I got out for a walk, but if the weather isn't cooperating I pop-in an aerobics dvd.

I keep walking and I also bought a dancing dvd to pop in my bedroom dvd player upstairs. I tried zimba?? that was pretty fun...but it seemed too fast for me. Maybe after awhile I'd be able to keep up.....I dunno.

• Subscriber

I go for walks in our forest (we own about 6 acres of forest) and berry picking, and soon it'll be time to pick our cranberries from our marshland. There's also lots to do in our extentsive 1 acre of gardens mainly leaf raking, all those darn willows I planted! And once the snow comes, (the first snow fall is already predicted for next week) snow work!