U2 360 Jet Sighting Newark

waynomo

Hi,

I was on the New Jersey Turnpike on Friday, 15 October 2010, around 3PM traveling past Newark Airport when the U2 360 tour jet flew overhead.  I was just curious if anyone new why it was in town.  Was Bono in New York for the weekend?  Was the plane in for maintenance?  Could be a million different things and was just curious after being pleasantly surprised to see it fly right over the New Jersey Turnpike as it was getting ready to land.

Thanks,

Wayne

• Subscriber
NHL Teams have been using the jet during non-tour times, its "day job" is an Air Canada charter jet, so it is used outside of U2, it's just still painted up. ;)
Oh . . . not quite as exciting then ohwell.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='Janette B wrote:

EdgeFest']NHL Teams have been using the jet during non-tour times, its "day job" is an Air Canada charter jet, so it is used outside of U2, it's just still painted up.
;)

Oh . . . not quite as exciting then ohwell.gif

It would be good though if you were just taking a regular flight and that was your plane!

It's always fun having a plane land just in front of you while you are on the NJT.  The U2 jet added a bit of unexpected wowness.

The jet I saw was slightly smaller then the A320.  I suspect the A320 would be for the crew, etc.  The jet I saw looked more appropriate for the band and a few more to travel in luxury.  It didn't necessarily seem appropriate for a hockey team, however a little research does show that the Toronto Maple Leafs were playing the NY Rangers that night.  Would a 3 PM landing give them enough time to get to MSG and do everything they needed to do for a 7 PM start?