U2 working with Danger Mouse, Will.I.Am, David Guetta

mick james

• Subscriber

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/international/26026/U2-working-with-Danger-Mouse-WillIAm-and-David-Guetta

Back in August, just after U2 announced a tour of Australia the band revealed that they were working on /www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/international/25183/U2s-next-four-albums;;1;26026">http://www.fasterlouder.c...ext-four-albums;;1;26026" target=_blank>four new albums but didn’t offer too many details on what we’d be hearing other than the curious fact that one would be a “club sounding†record.

Now, in an interview to be published in tomorrow’s issue of The Age, Bono has revealed that the next U2 album will be released early next year and is being produced by Danger Mouse.

The producer behind Gnarls Barkley, The Grey Album, Broken Bells, and the Dark Night of the Soul album has also worked as a producer for hire on Gorillaz, Beck and Black Keys albums and has completed “about 12 songs†for the U2 record. Bono tells the newspaper that “at the moment that looks like the album we will put out next because it’s just happening so easily.â€

Bono also offered more details about the “club†record, revealing that the record will feature collaborations with Moroccan-Swedish songwriter and Lady Gaga producer RedOne, Black Eyed Peas rapper Will.I.Am and French cheesemeister David Guetta. According to the singer and Louis Vuitton collaborator “U2’s remixes in the 1990s were a real treasure. So we wanted to make a club sounding record. We have a pile of songs.â€

There’s also that Broadway bound /www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/international/24769/U2s-Spider-Man-musical-back-on-track;;1;26026">http://www.fasterlouder.c...l-back-on-track;;1;26026" target=_blank>Spider-man musical that Bono and guitarist The Edge are trying to turn into a U2 record. There are 20 songs written for the project, but Bono says that his bandmates, bassist Adam Clayton and drummer Larry Mullen jnr, aren’t entirely sure that it’s a good idea for a U2 album. “We haven’t convinced the rest of the band to do that yet,†he admits, “Larry definitely has a raised eyebrow.â€

• Subscriber

Apart from Boy falls, its a bit difficult to imagine where the other songs they've debuted on this tour fit, some remixes of any of them would be cool but it appears like it might be a while before this happens. Watch this space I guess...

• Subscriber

What is a cheesemeister??? Oh dear . . . . trying not to worry, lol!
lol.

David Guetta is the biggest electronic dance music producer in the world right now, and his specialty is producing tracks with other artists in a collaborative fashion.

He is known amonst many dance music fans as producing cheesy music.

But hey, we all know what people will say about the biggest bands/acts.

At the end of the day he's number 1 for a reason, right? He makes some really great, fun tracks.

I'm quite excited about Danger Mouse producing, if it's true.

He has certainly been the most exciting producer of the last decade

In fact I find the idea of Danger Mouse and U2 much more exciting than the band working with Rick Rubin.

Can't wait!

• Subscriber

What is a cheesemeister??? Oh dear . . . . trying not to worry, lol!
lol.

David Guetta is the biggest electronic dance music producer in the world right now, and his specialty is producing tracks with other artists in a collaborative fashion.

He is known amonst many dance music fans as producing cheesy music.

But hey, we all know what people will say about the biggest bands/acts.

At the end of the day he's number 1 for a reason, right? He makes some really great, fun tracks.

I'm quite excited about Danger Mouse producing, if it's true.

He has certainly been the most exciting producer of the last decade

In fact I find the idea of Danger Mouse and U2 much more exciting than the band working with Rick Rubin.

Can't wait!