xtraspicy62

FAN CONTEST

MAKE A PUMPKIN 

USE ANY MEDIA

USE ANY THEME

U2, HALLOWEEN, OTHER

ITS COMPLETELY UP TO YOU!

IDEAS:

While I prefer an actual pumpkin, we could have a total blast making our pumpkins out of ANYTHING:
cake, doughnuts, car tires, construction paper, etch a sketch, buttons, clay...what ever!

cat_and_pumpkin.gif

SUBMIT YOUR ENTRIES RIGHT HERE IN THIS THREAD

SATURDAY OCTOBER 23RD-SATURDAY NOVEMBER 6TH, 11:59PM CST

CREATE a pumpkin(s) of your choice and decorate and design as you like, using as much creative freedom as you want, and upload. Only one submission per member accepted

All members, free or paid can submit entries.

Contest submissions closing on Saturday November 6TH at 11:59 PM CST.

Time converter: http://www.timeanddate.com/

Only one entry per member.

Voting will close on Wednesday November 10TH at 11:59 PM CST.

Only one vote per member.

WINNER: Will be announced sometime
before the end of November

PRIZES:

1ST-U2 2011 CALENDAR

2ND-U2 Keychain

(Paid for by xtraspicy)

*NOTE: This is a fan-only, strictly non-commercial, based contest, started by a fan, and decided by fans only

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear, an artistic challenge. I have the artistic ability of a goblin, which is to say I have no artistic ability whatsoever since goblins don't exist. (this is not an invitation to start debating the existence of fairytale creatures guys!)

Will you be accepting entries of a badly carved (butchered) pumpkin in tiny little pieces ala "Smashing Pumpkins"???

• Subscriber

Oh dear, an artistic challenge. I have the artistic ability of a goblin, which is to say I have no artistic ability whatsoever since goblins don't exist. (this is not an invitation to start debating the existence of fairytale creatures guys!)

Will you be accepting entries of a badly carved (butchered) pumpkin in tiny little pieces ala "Smashing Pumpkins"???

that would be a very original approach of the subject, bill! you shouldnt give away such great ideas, keep it to yourself and carry out!

hey kriss, i never did it either, but i read an article bout carving pumpkins and it adviced to use apple corers and cut out as much of the pulp as you can...just use your imagination!wink.gif

I will be going to Denver tomorrow to check out the pumpkin patch with my niece and nephew (7 and 3 years of age). I will definitely do my best to carve one on my own for this contest that Xtra has so sweetly set up for us of her own accord. Thank you Xtra for following through with it :)

• Subscriber

Carving pumpkins is TONS of fun....  if you've never done it, give it a try...  it's really easy and there is no WRONG way!  If you don't have a pumpkin, any larger size gourd will work.  But I think pumpkins are easier because their rinds tend to be a little softer.

Cut out a "lid" and remove it, and scoop out the insides, and go for it!  In the US there is now a market for fancy little carving tools, which you don't need...  (a sharp knife will work, finer tip for finer work, obviously!)

Spicy!!  What a fabulous idea!!  Have fun everyone!

• Subscriber

Nikki is absolutely right, you don't need anything fancy, simply a sharp knife and your hands for scooping out the insides - btw, save the seeds, rinse the pulp off (easier said than done, lol) and roast them . . . yummy! Our kids are absolutely in charge of our Halloween pumpkins and they don't pick out their pumpkins until a few days before the big day, so we won't make the deadline, but what a great idea - can't wait to see what you all come up with!

• Subscriber

I've never done it but I'll give it a go! Nice one Spicy, a bit o' seasonal fun x

PS. Sorry if I'm being dense here but could someone tell me how to post your own pics within threads, I've tried a few ways but it never seems to work. I don't want to clog up this thread so please feel free to PM me. Thanx in advance.happy.gif