Haunted Houses Anyone?

illumination70

• Subscriber

Friends of mine tell the story of one house they lived in that was haunted by a little blonde boy.... they both saw him, once together, then each separately... he would run down the hall and dart into a bedroom...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

brrr, i really hate those stories, but yet they fascinate me. i don believe in ghosts, really, don think people have this soul or something that lives on when they die... but still, we can never know whats surounding us.

as a kid i liked to fantasize bout this 'parallel universe'... what if there was this society who lives among us. on this same earth, without seeing us and without us seeing them. i once read this novel, a short story about this subject. in that story the creature from that other univers and this human got to see eachother by accident.... i once thought that could explain why some people claim to have seen people or ghosts in their house.
what do you guys think? is that to weird to think about? but its fascinating to imagine, no? 

• Subscriber

I so agree..   I don't really believe in ghosts, and yet.....  these stories do make me shiver..  just the concept of knowing that we really know so very little, except our tiny little perception of the universe / existence.  frown.gif

so weird, and definitely fascinating.....

saw a ghoust when I was 16 and it was really bad....

it was very light in appearance, kind of like a light fog type of material...

i was trying to sleep and it was very late at night...the house was dead quiet

i was feeling very uncomfortable, unsettled for some reason...

i felt the need to sit up in bed as i felt really wierd..

the hairs on my neck felt like they raised, and I became covered with goosebumps...

suddenly the air in the heated room, turned ice cold...

the temp drop was profound

unnerved by a sense of something isnt right

I called for my german shephard

she started to come to my room from down the hall as I heard her collar rattle

she got only as close as the doorway

where she looked alarmed

she started whining and would not come in

i kept calling and she would not enter, but she stayed in the door way...looking at me with big eyes...

this was out of character for her as she was a natural born watch dog for us.

then I sensed it

a very heavy weight depressed the end of my bed

its heavyness was very distinct

and it stayed there...

I was totally frozen. blinking my eyes in disbelief..

I suddenly felt very real terror for the first time in my life.

I used to laugh at horror movies and enjoyed them as i rolled my eyes.

Now, I felt very very intense dread..i mean to the core, DREAD.

and the sense of incredible evil was palpable...

finally the sense of urgency was so overwhelming

I jumped up, and put on the light...

I ran and got my mother and she understood and didnt laugh, cause it had happened to her in her lifetime...

she told me what we should do...

she and i together, blessed the entire room top to bottom, and quoted scritptures and prayed together.

what ever it was, it never came back to my room.

but i will never forget...

the impact was powerful.

there are spirits out there...

Just think about the beautiful spiritual experiences we all have together...

there is no doubt, that there is such a thing as Spirit.

• Subscriber
OK, now I'm completely freaked out....  glad I'm not alone tonight!  and glad it only happened once...  
You make a really good point, spicy, I do believe in a spiritual side of life....  so.....  
wow, really something to think about.....  

there's a story that my husband tells...  that one night he woke up, I was asleep next to him, and there was a greenish globe of light floating over me....  I don't like to think about it, because I picture myself sleeping, and completely oblivious.  But he said it didn't have an evil aura, or anything.......  

• Subscriber

I've never experienced a ghost personally. But when I was in college, it was rumored that one of the dorms was haunted. I lived there my senior year, and heard stories from people living on the third floor (evidently, the ghost confined it's activities to that area.)

Not sure I totally believe in ghosts, but I find it interesting that these kinds of stories are found in every culture. So, I'm willing to bet that there's SOMETHING to them.

I've never experienced a ghost personally. But when I was in college, it was rumored that one of the dorms was haunted. I lived there my senior year, and heard stories from people living on the third floor (evidently, the ghost confined it's activities to that area.)

Not sure I totally believe in ghosts, but I find it interesting that these kinds of stories are found in every culture. So, I'm willing to bet that there's SOMETHING to them.

yeah, there is something to it. it doesnt matter what religion or culture ...you're right....its just out there...and I really dont think its just physics or science and can be explained that way....the feeling of dread is absolute

OK, now I'm completely freaked out....  glad I'm not alone tonight!  and glad it only happened once...  
You make a really good point, spicy, I do believe in a spiritual side of life....  so.....  
wow, really something to think about.....  

there's a story that my husband tells...  that one night he woke up, I was asleep next to him, and there was a greenish globe of light floating over me....  I don't like to think about it, because I picture myself sleeping, and completely oblivious.  But he said it didn't have an evil aura, or anything.......  
hmmm....sure it wasnt his luminex watch, lol!