The remembering them thread.

shirley2010

• Subscriber

I know this is probably a little morbid to some but as we remember the fallen today who died for our freedom I thought it would be a nice idea if we could remember all those who have passed away in our lives.

Similar to the birthday thread but more of a thank you for touching our lives and we will never forget you.

For example

Mrs Iris Hewson 10th of September

Mr Bob Hewson 28th August

John Lennon 8th December.

Jim Birdsongs friend  October

My father 16th February

Donna Stansfield 4th September

Michael Hutchence 22nd November

Greg Carroll July 16th (I think and apologies if name spelt incorrectly)

sort of people who inspired U2 and their friends and their fans and their families.

you get the gist now could someone who is a lot better at this than me please take over.blue_butterfly.gif

• Subscriber

okay, not good in dates (and i admit, i'm not really trying) 

but i lost my granddad Jozef Vanoirbeek, 28 years ago in may
my little brother Ruben Leenen, 28 years ago in december (i think the 22nd, but could be wrong a day or 2) 
my grandmother Elise Mombeek, 11 years ago in may.
never knew my other grandparents, they died before i was born.

• Subscriber

Barbara, I think it's great you have a Bank Holiday on 11/11, I think that's really commemorative.  We have a 2 minute silence at 11am but you often forget to do it.
I agree with you there hun we should have a bank holiday on 11/11. especially next year when it will be 11.11.11.

• Subscriber

I lost my beagle Elmo November 25 2005.

I lost my rabbit Thumper ( I didn't name him) in 2007 and the next day

I lost my dad.

I lost my beagle Daisy February 5 2010.

I lost my beagle Donald July 8th 2010.

And I lost all my grandparents before I got out of high school.

We cannot keep in contact with patients after they leave our unit. But sometimes while reading the paper I will see a name and a photo---and I will remember you. I hope you were at home, surrounded by family, and pain free.

• Subscriber

I lost my beagle Elmo November 25 2005.

I lost my rabbit Thumper ( I didn't name him) in 2007 and the next day

I lost my dad.

I lost my beagle Daisy February 5 2010.

I lost my beagle Donald July 8th 2010.

And I lost all my grandparents before I got out of high school.

We cannot keep in contact with patients after they leave our unit. But sometimes while reading the paper I will see a name and a photo---and I will remember you. I hope you were at home, surrounded by family, and pain free.

Ahh It's so sad when you lose your beloved pets - you can get more attached to them than many of your relatives. They are always there for you to greet you with love and they never judge you and they always sense when you are upset.cry.gif

• Subscriber

I heard yesterday something that mortified me to breaking point. I heard a bunch of Islamists had interrupted the 2-minute silence by burning a large poppy in London, holding banners like 'British soldiers burn in hell' and 'British soldiers terrorists'. They were confronted by the English Defence League, but the police kept them both apart. Even they hated it, one policeman said "This is bloody offensive" and I agree with him. If U2 don't mention this when they go down under in a few days I will eat the Claw. Reply to this post to show those poppy burning bastards how many people want them deported.

Here's my list of my loved ones and the dates they entered Heaven:

John Thill (Grandfather) -November 1st 1979

Bessie Newstrand (Grandmother)  -June 1980

Melvin Newstrand (Grandfather) -October 1999

Gertrude Thill (Grandmother) June -2001

Clifford Newstrand (Uncle) -2001

Karen Newstrand (Aunt)-May 2004

Michael (Cousin)-2007

Ricky (Cousin)-2008

Coffee (dog)-March 1983

Napolean (dog)-December 1996

JoJo (Dog)-August 1997

Morris Kitty (cat)-October 2008  

I have the Prince's parents always in my prayers, Michael Hutchence, for a long time, because of the way he died, and I learned a little bit more recently of the inside story of him and that woman with the children, I feel bad for him and her. Love must be free, if one truly loves someone, let them go free if they don't want to be with you. thats what I feel, I know someone was feeling hurt, but it was better to let them go.

But, Irish and Bob, I got masses for them at my church, Our Lady of Fatima, thats where I dedicated a mass for them and my parents. They are not your regular parents. Iris is a GRAND WOMAN, she gave us BONO. Can you imagine, I feel she deserves a shrine with her husband, my Princes FATHER. Its a spiritual thing you see. My Princes parents are very valuable to the world, but many don't know this, I have many times thought of Iris, I even ask her to bring her son to see me somehow, to assist me because I am not wealthy or famous and I love her son and she knows why. The world has a GREAT man, in the spiritual scheme of things, we have a man in the status of, likeness of "DAVID, PAUL, MOSES, Bible people. David repeats what Paul says, and I go back and forth trying to find where my Prince fits in to the Bible. David and Paul, back and forth, I end up calling my Prince. I love Paul David equals my Prince true name. I sent a message to my Prince the last time, but I would like him to tell me what the message was, because I was led to write it down because of memory impairment, I can't remember things, but a message for him came and I sent it, but I want him to share with me what the message was and if he understands it and what is it.

Even Elvis got prayers from me. He had a good life, but those crooked people got him into drugs, and he really didn't want to die, but it happened, and his spirit should be totally free by now. I like Elvis. A good man Elvis. He knows from where he is at that things went wrong, where they went wrong, but once you have left this realm, there is no telling where you will end up, the wages of sin is purely Death until the resurrection. Prayers for the soldiers in the USA and other countries, thats a everyday thing for all mothers should be doing as I do, the death, well, thats also part of the Rosary I do. Its very important to pray and praise God for his plan for us his creation. I should tell you, God has the best plan for us from the beginning.

Realmawake

Realmawake