Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jenny55

Christmas....over rated?? you decide.

I have very mixed feeling about Christmas....the shops and cable T.V....40 greatest christmas songs etc...( why they don't show U2's song they did last year...I believe in father christmas )....and the money side of things gets me down....the meaning of it all seems to have got lost! bored.gif

I think it should be held off until december,i agree there.I mean,my birthdays at the end of november for goodness sake!

I don't like Christmas, that's what I mean!

oh cool, my daughters b-day is on 1st, thought you had something against it.

its the green tree, you know, and the animals.

While I don't think it's overrated (ask me again in two weeks, though... lol), I do firmly and absolutely believe that November 15 is too early to have shops put out Christmas decorations.

I have mixed feelings, I think I would like christmas more if it wasn't in your face from september!!! My sister lives in Germany and the christmas markets and all that are amazing.

But in the UK it is everywhere far too early, people start asking what are you doing for christmas before you have even had your summer holiday. My local pub has been decorated now for the last 2 weeks & christmas songs playing....... Houses have started putting up their trees and all that...........

IT'S TOO EARLY

Shhhhhmas never say the word to me til at least December! I don't mind the spirit of it, seeing friends and sharing good times but all the commercial and buying palaver blaaaghhh can't stand it, refuse to partake!!

Shitmas...stressmas....grump grump grump

I love christmas i really do- I love the magic of it all etc... and the excitement of my little one who still believes is amazing and brings me to tears every year! But i do think it is brouhgt on too early and that spoils some of the magic. Leave it for December or at least the last week of November.

This week has been my parents' birthdays and nearly impossoble to find birthday cards for them as the shelves have been taken over by Christmas cards everywhere.

my family birthdays are at the end of the year so I have to buy cards in advance cos they take 'em off the shelves on the run up to Shitmas!

I love christmas i really do- I love the magic of it all etc... and the excitement of my little one who still believes is amazing and brings me to tears every year! But i do think it is brouhgt on too early and that spoils some of the magic. Leave it for December or at least the last week of November.

This week has been my parents' birthdays and nearly impossoble to find birthday cards for them as the shelves have been taken over by Christmas cards everywhere.

Couldn't find a nice card for my niece who was 10 last tuesday,,