I have listened to NLOTH twice now and...

Osiris33

I'm sorry to say it may be their worst album ever. The word tuneless comes to mind. It has snippets of good moments, but the songs have no structure ordiscipline and the album just drifts. I know they didn't want to do a conventional U2 trilogy of All That, Atomic Bomb and this newrecord, but honestly the whole thing sounds aimless and self indulgent. Imagine the worst moments of Zooropa and Passengers, with a littleOctober thrown in. I mean, the best song is probably Get on your Boots, and that's just a dismal rip-off of Pump it Up by ElvisCostello.

Honestly, there is nothing here that's anywhere near as good as Wave of Sorrow, Window in the Skies or even Mercy, the throwaway track from the AB sessions. Do not expect the record to sound anything like those tracks because it doesn't. I had a feeling we were headed fordisaster when I heard they were recording in Fez. The whole thing sounds like a series of incomplete musical thoughts. I'd rather listen to POPany day.

My prediction is that this album and tour will flop (by U2 standards) and they'll be back in the studio with Steve Lillywhite by this time next year,writing some commercial songs this time.

Sorry, but that is my honest impression. I'll keep listening, but this is huge disappointment.

Also, I'd love to sign up for the site again, but a CD of the same old "rare" tracks that have already been released doesn't do much for me.They could have at least thrown in Mercy for those that don't already have it.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Osiris33 wrote:

I'm sorry to say it may be their worst album ever. The word tuneless comes to mind. It has snippets of good moments, but the songs have no structure or discipline and the album just drifts....jadajadajada.

QUICK!!!SOMEONE!!!!PEST CONTROL!!!! THE COCKROACHES HAVE SURVIVED THE TRANSITION!!!!!

Maybe he'd prefer Simple Minds new upcoming album.

I'm sure kerr's song writer (Yeah, they don't write their own songs anymore) will write a song about Kerr's olive press and real estate inItaly this time instead of dolphins.

That'll give you something to joygasm over I'm sure.