Wide Awake in Europe EP Cover

1love

• Subscriber

I haven't figured out how to cut and paste a picture into this space.  All I can give you is a link:

http://www.atu2.com/view.src?ID=6485&Rel=news

U2's Wide Awake in Europe is their way of releasing the track "Moment of Surrender."  It also includes a live version of the "Crazy" remix and a revised live rendition of "Mercy."  But, as indicated by the EP cover, its all about "Moment of Surrender."

This artwork spoke to me immediately.  The light makes it appear that Bono has "tied himself with wire."  The steering wheel shaped microphone behind him represents control.  If you look close, Bono still has one hand on the steering wheel.  His spirit "yearns to be released from control" but his body wrestles to hang on to control.  Boy this struggle sounds familiar.

Your thoughts please...

• Subscriber

That pic would make a nice ep cover, but I wouldnt read into things too much , because sometimes it could have been chosen on a wim and or otherwise you may be right but then the question would be what control , nothing has control over them accept for celebrity and fans I would think more so restriction....................

• Subscriber

123 love, you have to get a account with this site; www.photobucket.com

save any pic to your pc, then go to photobucket. there you can upload and save your pictures from your pc there.

after uploading on there site, it will give you 3 different types of links. the bottom link is the one you post here.

for 123love;

B8nGvjwCGkKGrHqUOKooEyjC1DCGBM3i4Cyvw_35.jpg

• Subscriber

save any pic to your pc, then go to photobucket. there you can upload and save your pictures from your pc there.

after uploading on there site, it will give you 3 different types of links. the bottom link is the one you post here.

for 123love;

• Subscriber

for 123love;

• Subscriber

6485.jpg

1love, you have to go to this site and register an account; www.photobucket.com

step 1. save any pic to your pc picture folder

step 2. go to photobucket after you registered. hit upload button, a window from your pc pic folder will pop.

hit the pic you want and then hit open at the bottom of the window. the pic is then uploaded to the photobucket site. 

after it is uploaded, it will provide 3 different links to use to share with. the third and bottom link is the one you post in here. hope this helps.

• Subscriber

6485.jpg

step 2. go to photobucket after you registered. hit upload button, a window from your pc pic folder will pop.

hit the pic you want and then hit open at the bottom of the window. the pic is then uploaded to the photobucket site. 

after it is uploaded, it will provide 3 different links to use to share with. the third and bottom link is the one you post in here. hope this helps.

• Subscriber

6485.jpg

• Subscriber

Sorry for not getting back here sooner to thank you for posting this picture and for showing me how its done.  I often have my own *brainfarts* when I try to remember where I posted something last.  lol

Here is another thought on steering wheels:

"I'm ready, ready for the laughing gas

I'm ready, I'm ready for what's next

I'm ready to duck, I'm ready to dive

I'm ready to say 'I'm glad to be alive'

I'm ready, I'm ready for the push....

I'm ready, ready for the gridlock

I'm ready to take it to the street

I'm ready for the shuffle, ready for the deal

Ready to let go of the steering wheel

I'm ready, ready for the crush" - Zoo Station

What does the steering wheel represent in "Zoo Station"?  Why is Bono holding a steering wheel while singing "Ultra Violet (Light My Way)", "With or Without You" and "Moment of Surrender" during the last encore?  Except by the time he is singing "Moment of Surrender,"  the steering wheel has mysteriously disappeared?

• Subscriber

[quote name='1love wrote:

Jake99']1love, you have to go to this site and register an account;

Sorry for not getting back here sooner to thank you for posting this picture and for showing me how its done.  I often have my own *brainfarts* when I try to remember where I posted something last.  lol

yer welcome