What Do You Eat On Christmas?

kerttuli

Thanks for your comments, it's so nice to know how different kind of christmas food we have... (and i think that maybe in Finland the certain Christmas food is more important tradition than in some other countries)

I like our christmas food but now i've had enough of it and want some spicy chinese food today!!!smile.gif

kerttuli, totally understand how you feel! I've had enough of the traditional food for now, and I tell ya, i think I'm gonna go chineese right about now!!!

thank goodness for chineese take out--I mean, what would we do without this??

I think sweet and sour chicken will be good!!

what did you have?

i think it would be funny if we all ordeered chineese today!!!roll.gif

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

[quote name='xtraspicy62 wrote:

kerttuli']Thanks for your comments, it's so nice to know how different kind of christmas food we have... (and i think that maybe in Finland the certain Christmas food is more important tradition than in some other countries)

I like our christmas food but now i've had enough of it and want some spicy chinese food today!!!
smile.gif

kerttuli, totally understand how you feel! I've had enough of the traditional food for now, and I tell ya, i think I'm gonna go chineese right about now!!!

what did you have?

i think it would be funny if we all ordeered chineese today!!!roll.gif

I'm totally with you - a nice bit of spice and love the spice of chinese food. But I remember having the other. After three weeks of travelling through asia with most of it being in China I just wanted to eat somnething that I could cut up with a knife and fork instead of chopsticks!

• Subscriber

[quote name='xtraspicy62 wrote:

kerttuli']Thanks for your comments, it's so nice to know how different kind of christmas food we have... (and i think that maybe in Finland the certain Christmas food is more important tradition than in some other countries)

I like our christmas food but now i've had enough of it and want some spicy chinese food today!!!
smile.gif

what did you have?

i think it would be funny if we all ordeered chineese today!!!cry.gif They are on christmas holiday and don't open until in the beginning of next year!!

Then I bought some frozen thaifood from grocery to comfort myself, but it's not the same!!! I guess i have to go to some other chinese restaurant today....

Hope you had your sweet and sour Spicysmile.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='illumination70 wrote:

PiChU']Tamales! Muchos tamales!!!

Yum, I love Mexican food!!!

We ALWAYS go to a Mexican restaurant on Christmas Eve. Tamales is traditional, but I prefer enchiladas, lol. We tried to make tamales one year, but they didn't turn out so good - too thick and doughy, could have been the many pitchers of margaritas consumed while cooking, but we'll never know roll.gif

I holidayed with friends for the first time and they have some food items in their traditions that I'd never had before. Cold pork pie at midnight after Church on Christmas Eve with cranberry sauce. Oysters (still alive and freshly shucked) and prune buns and figs (who knew they looked like sphincters?) and tomato juice with bits of celery and peppers cut up into it and seafood chowder (MOST amazing) and a lamb sausage that was EVERYWHERE and some Ukrainian delicacies from the neighbours that I can't even name but were super yummy and Irish soda bread ...

Some of it I loved, some of it I tried and didn't care for and some of it I politely said NOT ON YOUR LIFE! (oysters). But I loved being a part of someone elses traditions!

[quote name='kerttuli wrote:

xtraspicy62 wrote:

smile.gif

what did you have?

i think it would be funny if we all ordeered chineese today!!!cry.gif They are on christmas holiday and don't open until in the beginning of next year!!

Then I bought some frozen thaifood from grocery to comfort myself, but it's not the same!!! I guess i have to go to some other chinese restaurant today....

Hope you had your sweet and sour Spicysmile.gif

oh, sorry!! i know what its like to have a yankering for something, and cant quite scratch the itch!!

u knw, i just couldnt get to the restaurant, so i made some pea pods and pearl barley with carrots at home, then just put a little teriyaiki sauce on them and they were so fresh--it was very good...

I mixed in a little white meat chicked for protein and voila! instant meal.

[quote name='Janette B wrote:

illumination70 wrote:

PiChU']Tamales! Muchos tamales!!!

Yum, I love Mexican food!!!

We ALWAYS go to a Mexican restaurant on Christmas Eve. Tamales is traditional, but I prefer enchiladas, lol. We tried to make tamales one year, but they didn't turn out so good - too thick and doughy, could have been the many pitchers of margaritas consumed while cooking, but we'll never know roll.gif

ohh...that sounds so good..nice and fresh guoco with it too...and homemade in the food processer--salsa!!

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

xtraspicy62 wrote:

smile.gif

what did you have?

i think it would be funny if we all ordeered chineese today!!!
roll.gif

I'm totally with you - a nice bit of spice and love the spice of chinese food. But I remember having the other. After three weeks of travelling through asia with most of it being in China I just wanted to eat somnething that I could cut up with a knife and fork instead of chopsticks!

can you use the chopsticks? was it too hard to figure them out? and didnt any place have utensils? what kind of foods did you eat in china?--this sounds fascinating!!