Time to retire "UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD"

Zipperboy

Every single concert Ive been to since ZOO T.V. has played this song. Frankly its good but not a "IT MUST BE PLAYED AT EVERY CONCERT" song.

The band must love this song !!! I believe U2fans will also feel this song is overrated.

Its time they retired this song and played GLORIA. Why they dont play this song is beyond me.

Does anybody know when they last did this in a concert ???

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Gloria was last played in full during the Vertigo tour 12-14-2005 in St Louis - in fact was played quite a lot during Vertigo tour.

It was snippeted at Sheffield last year 08-2-2009 - I was there wooooop!!!! lol!!!!

And I do love the song and yes it should be played more. But I love the dramatics etc... which goes with UTEOTW and Edge's guitar etc....

And if you want to know songs played in shows - setlists etc.... have a look at u2gigs.com = a great resource and hours can disappear looking at it all lol!

• Subscriber

I'd prefer more songs from Achtung live! If they replaced it UTEOTW, I'd like Zoo Station in its place!
Oh Zoo Station - just been looking at Berlin for a couple of days during summer hols - mainly so I can sing that the whole time and photograph AB sights again - but don't tell John that is my reason for wanting to go!

But yes ZS live would be good - or just the whole of AB would make me happy but don't think that there would be enough buckets for me to cope with it all!!!

• Subscriber

I still like hearing UTEOTW, but you make a good point, I think. They do have so many great songs, nice to see changes made to shake things up a bit. It must be a difficult task to play the hits that casual fans expect to hear while keeping things fresh for die-hards like us. I still love their hits, but I was glad to see Pride go for awhile and it will sound amazing the next time I hear it live. I have never heard Gloria live and would love to!!!

• Subscriber

no no no!

i love until the end of the world, it is one of their cannon's in the setlist.

in a little while should be the dropped song here. and prehaps miss s.

I loved hearing Miss S this summer - blew me away and made me blub! But wouldn't want to hear it every tour, keep it special to 360. I am one of the few who like IALW too - but not every tour either - need something else. I like the slwing down of pace with this song but there are others which we could have too. Ones which stand out is white as snow or winter and then we can have more NLOTH songs in the set.

• Subscriber

I'm the only other one who likes In a Little While, lol, but it's such a shame that No Line songs aren't being heard (with a few exceptions) that I would prefer White as Snow/Winter for a nice change. Miss Sarajevo reminds me so much of the Vertigo tour, so I vote for this switch-up . . . . . shall I phone the boys and let them know our decision?

• Subscriber

I'm the only other one who likes In a Little While, lol, but it's such a shame that No Line songs aren't being heard (with a few exceptions) that I would prefer White as Snow/Winter for a nice change. Miss Sarajevo reminds me so much of the Vertigo tour, so I vote for this switch-up . . . . . shall I phone the boys and let them know our decision?
yep! do it. but i would also tell them in a little while needs to go too!roll.gif

hey i like in a little while, on the album its an alright song, just night after night, along with miss s, kind of kills the set for me.