Holocaust memorial day 27th January

Zhivvy

• Subscriber

I know that this should probably be posted down in Hearts and Minds but it seems pretty quiet down there at the moment and I want people to read this.

Today is Holocaust Memorial Day - the date chosen as it is the date that Auschwitz/Birkenau was finally liberated.

Please click on the following link which will take you to the homepage of the HMD website where you can click on a candle to light it to show that those who suffered and are suffering are not forgotten; and if you have time maybe read through some of the articles on the website which are fascinating.

http://www.hmd.org.uk/

When Auschwitz was liberated the world swore that this would never happen again but it has - and still is in our so-called civilised world - Bosnia, Cambodia, Darfur, Rwanda. We need to show that this is not acceptable and is inconceivable that humans can treat other humans in this way.

The theme for HMD 2011 is Untold Stories. By understanding why millions of stories remain untold can help us all to recognise the importance of making a stand when we see persecution or discrimination taking place in our communities today

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I just thought the other day that I'd like to read Anne Franks diary again. I was about 14 when I read it first time... it was so impressive, touching and sad...

I have to go to the library tomorrow and lend it.