Edge's Malibu homes no go

wahine

I had said over and over and over this project would not fly. For the folks on here that said he has very smart people working on it and I was just being a bitch, I am pretty smart too when it comes to real estate (that's why I am a Realtor) and developments (ours in Costa Rica is one of the finest). No getting around it, he is shut down and then got caught trying to be sneaky and bs the CCC. Oh well. That was an awful lot of money and time put into a project that someone told him he could pull off. It's a teachable moment. Never buy property without having a feasiblity study done, that's from little parcels to huge parcels. I will never say, told ya so. For all those fans that thought I was being a downer, no I was being real and honest unlike the people who he surrounded himself with that told him he could do whatever he wanted. Sad. It would have been cool to surf Malibu and see Edge's big house up there!

http://www.atu2.com/news/u2-band-members-malibu-housing-project-hits-snag.html

• Subscriber

"I had said over and over and over this project would not fly. For the folks on here that said he has very smart people working on it and I was just being a bitch"

Jeez, you should have a TV show.

It could have gone one of 2 ways - yes or no.  You had a 50/50 chance. You're not quite Nostradamus yet.

It's like people who guess the sex of a new baby.  The ones who picked it right will be all "I knew it, I knew it all along!!!"

Got any lottery numbers you can provide us?

• Subscriber

Geeze . . . he's trying to build along the coast in one of the most protected and difficult areas to obtain permission to build in . . . anyone from around here could have predicted he would most likely be denied!

I just had a hot idea!!!  Wouldn't it be great if The Edge and his band mates got together and built a apartment/condo complex for us financially,struggling U2 fans.

I know it sounds like a dorky idea, but with so many people losing their homes as a result of current recession, this sort of project would make U2's band members look fabulous to many people.