DUALS: Official comment thread FREE SIDE (Merged)

• Subscriber

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

chrisedge']Do I feel they could step it up in the giveaway department? - Yes

Do I wish they would release live shows like PJ and many other bands do? - Yes

Did I just resubscribe? - Yes

Do I feel people like to just bitch about everything? - Yes

Do I think people should just vote with their wallets? - Yes

It's not bitching. If you read what people are saying. As I said with paying cash to this site we have right to express our thoughts. I also said I don't normally complain about things, but there is no excuse for the poor tracklisting of duals. After all the money, time and supporting the band we love and they claim to love us back, this is like throwing a bucket on us.Look like I said, vote with your wallet. I'm sure Bono is losing sleep over it. And we know how Larry feels about fans that bitch. Don't like what they are offering? MOVE ON. BTW, I read the entire thread here and at @u2.

I'm glad I re-upped. I think the value is there, but others don't. It's a free world. And what would you call compaining about what you get in an 11 page thread, along with a "Boycott Duals" campaign on @u2? I call it bitching :)

Donate your $40 to @u2 if you are that upset. Or to the One Org?

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

[quote name='chrisedge wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

It's not bitching. If you read what people are saying. As I said with paying cash to this site we have right to express our thoughts. I also said I don't normally complain about things, but there is no excuse for the poor tracklisting of duals. After all the money, time and supporting the band we love and they claim to love us back, this is like throwing a bucket on us.
Look like I said, vote with your wallet. I'm sure Bono is losing sleep over it. And we know how Larry feels about fans that bitch. Don't like what they are offering? MOVE ON. BTW, I read the entire thread here and at @u2.

I'm glad I re-upped. I think the value is there, but others don't. It's a free world. And what would you call compaining about what you get in an 11 page thread, along with a "Boycott Duals" campaign on @u2? I call it bitching :)

Donate your $40 to @u2 if you are that upset. Or to the One Org?Chrisedge, standing up for yourself about poor customer experience (basically feeling like you're getting ripped off) is not bitching.  If we don't express our dissatisfaction, nothing gets done.  Also, here's a statistic U2 should understand.  40% of the fan base is pissed off, will not complain on this thread, but will potentially walk away and not renew.  Those on these threads that are complaining want U2 to do something, because we want to continue to be part of this fan club.  If U2 does not acknowledge this, then they are doing more damage to their brand than they know, because it's their hard core fan base that is upset and complaining, not the casual fan.

• Subscriber

you know, i'm a free member here. And i must say, that cd tracklisting was not a good show. I heard Artificial Horizon, and that was better than this is. I have 80% of that list on my ipod. it just is...sad. come on. best band in the world needs better fan "freebies." (aka 50$ cd and internet page access.) 

• Subscriber

[quote name='pao6cs wrote:

chrisedge wrote:

MacFoley']

It's not bitching. If you read what people are saying. As I said with paying cash to this site we have right to express our thoughts. I also said I don't normally complain about things, but there is no excuse for the poor tracklisting of duals. After all the money, time and supporting the band we love and they claim to love us back, this is like throwing a bucket on us.

Look like I said, vote with your wallet. I'm sure Bono is losing sleep over it. And we know how Larry feels about fans that bitch. Don't like what they are offering? MOVE ON. BTW, I read the entire thread here and at @u2.

I'm glad I re-upped. I think the value is there, but others don't. It's a free world. And what would you call compaining about what you get in an 11 page thread, along with a "Boycott Duals" campaign on @u2? I call it bitching
:)

Chrisedge, standing up for yourself about poor customer experience (basically feeling like you're getting ripped off) is not bitching.  If we don't express our dissatisfaction, nothing gets done.  Also, here's a statistic U2 should understand.  40% of the fan base is pissed off, will not complain on this thread, but will potentially walk away and not renew.  Those on these threads that are complaining want U2 to do something, because we want to continue to be part of this fan club.  If U2 does not acknowledge this, then they are doing more damage to their brand than they know, because it's their hard core fan base that is upset and complaining, not the casual fan.

Totally agree with this.  If the fans don't voice their dissatisfaction, nothing would change.  It's the "bitching" about the big problems with presale tickets that led to U2 improving things.  I guess we could have just voted with our wallet, but I don't think that would've sent as clear of a message.  If fanclub enrollment tanked suddenly without postings explaining why, Paul McGuinness would probably just tell the band that due to their declining fanbase, it was time for another greatest hits set ;)

MacFoley wrote:

actually is wasnt boycott duals. it was boycott u2.com

and judging by your post count, looks like you dont spend much time on zootopia, so you wouldnt know what problems there have been.

unless you like to come here and read and not post?

and isnt it bono who keeps saying things like you have a voice? use it? or something along those lines?

and i dont want to spend my money elsewhere, i want to spend it on the band i love, this site. but if this is the responce, as a paying customer, i feel the need to express my views. dont like it? fine, dont tell me what to do about it.

so larry would invite you round for a drink because your such a "good" fan, who doesnt "bitch" (all the time)???eyes.gif

• Subscriber

Actually Banacek, they won't miss your money either. Someone else will buy the concert ticket, and this "protest" will amount to jack sqwat.

Dude if you feel that way, no worries, but let the rest of us give our valid opinion.

You may not know this but we protested last year too, got the message to the site owners, and saw several improvements.

No harm in trying again

Also your "vote with your wallet" sentiment is the hoariest old chestnut in this forum.

You and several others seem to miss the point that we WANT to be members of U2.com

We believe that U2 is capable of and should provide an excellent fanclub experience for the premium price we pay.

Yes the site is run by Livenation, but surely if the band got wind, and cared, they would demand improvements.

Well the U2 I still believe in anyway

MacFoley wrote:

Donate your $40 to @u2 if you are that upset. Or to the One Org?So during the CIvil RIghts movement, we weren't protesting, we were bitching. BY your logic anyways. Gotcha. 

So during the Vietnam war, we weren't protesting, we were bitching. Kay.

So the WOmen's RIghts movement wasn't protesting, they were bitching.  Awesome.

So those involved in civil rights should've just sat back and moved on, women should've sat back and moved on,  and the Vietnam war should have just kept on going year after bloody year with no end in sight.

By your logic of course.

• Subscriber

And Chris I would also point out how boring the "if you don't like like it move on" garbage is.

Mate, if we did there would be no-one left here but yourself.

And since you don't seem to post here much, that would be a bit of a downer no?

[quote name='Panth wrote:

chrisedge wrote:

MacFoley']

I'm glad I re-upped. I think the value is there, but others don't. It's a free world. And what would you call compaining about what you get in an 11 page thread, along with a "Boycott Duals" campaign on @u2? I call it bitching
:)

So during the CIvil RIghts movement, we weren't protesting, we were bitching. BY your logic anyways. Gotcha. 

So during the Vietnam war, we weren't protesting, we were bitching. Kay.

So the WOmen's RIghts movement wasn't protesting, they were bitching.  Awesome.

So those involved in civil rights should've just sat back and moved on, women should've sat back and moved on,  and the Vietnam war should have just kept on going year after bloody year with no end in sight.

By your logic of course.

exactly. and its a stupid logic too.