bigwave

[quote name='Mr Brightside wrote:

razspazz
']Look at how tiny the claw makes the stadium...this show is going to go
way
OFF!!

Enjoy!

pimp.gif

I was thinking how tiny the claw looked in that stadium. It must be massive. Anyone know the capacity?

Seated = 97 000. So with standing on the field it can reach 110 000....

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber
Can't wait - Just trying to work out strategy to get to the front of the stage....any help of more experienced concert goers?
I also posted this where you asked on the Live feed thread too.. 

If you want prime front rail middle, or there abouts, best to get there super early in the morning. Anytime after midnight is good! laugh.gif .. I arrived between 5am-7am and am usually in the first 150/200 people. Really depends on each city... Auckland was very laid back but then other cities 100's of fans show up early.. 

But then if you just want to be in the inner circle in the first few rows then being in the first 500 folks usually allows you to pick a good spot. One of my fav spots is about 3 rows back inbetween Bono and Adam.. eek.gif 

The GA line up experience is fun fun fun! banana.gif

And remember... "Walk.. don't run..."roll.gif

Have a great time everyone!!!

[quote name='sal71 wrote:

Gripen']Can't wait - Just trying to work out strategy to get to the front of the stage....any help of more experienced concert goers?

I also posted this where you asked on the Live feed thread too.. 

If you want prime front rail middle, or there abouts, best to get there super early in the morning. Anytime after midnight is good! laugh.gif .. I arrived between 5am-7am and am usually in the first 150/200 people. Really depends on each city... Auckland was very laid back but then other cities 100's of fans show up early.. 

But then if you just want to be in the inner circle in the first few rows then being in the first 500 folks usually allows you to pick a good spot. One of my fav spots is about 3 rows back inbetween Bono and Adam.. eek.gif 

The GA line up experience is fun fun fun! banana.gif

And remember... "Walk.. don't run..."roll.gif

Have a great time everyone!!!

Thanx for the info!.Gonna be early - don't want to stand in the back. Don't know about the 'Walk' thing though :-)

• Community Manager

U2 comes to South Africa at historic moment

- Associated Press

JOHANNESBURG -- 

It's fitting that one of the most politically plugged-in rock bands is debuting its world tour in South Africa on the anniversary of Nelson Mandela's first major rally after being released from prison, and at the same stadium where the anti-apartheid icon enthralled tens of thousands.

And it's a coincidence, U2 members told reporters Friday before a rehearsal at the historic FNB Stadium - known as Soccer City when it hosted the World Cup opening and closing games last year, for which it underwent a major renovation.

Guitarist The Edge said he only learned the day before that Sunday's concert fell on a historic day.

Read more: http://www.heraldonline.com/2011/02/11/2828570/u2-comes-to-south-africa-at-historic.html#ixzz1DjsUeFlX

• Community Manager

It’s a beautiful day to see U2 live

By Noni Mokati

431539148.jpg

WEEKEND ARGUS

U2 production director Jake Berry speaks to the media during final preparations for the band's concert at FNB stadium, Soweto, tomorrow night.Photo: Cara Viereckl

Fourteen state-of-the-art cameras, 150 tons of heavy metal digital cylinder screens and a mega-revved-up sound system – this is what’s in store for the almost 95 000 U2 fans who will be dancing under the special “The Claw” stage tomorrow evening.

And if you fancy being part of history, in what has been dubbed the biggest rock tour to hit South Africa, Computicket has announced that a fresh batch of tickets is on sale.

“We have gone overboard with the sound system. Nothing like this has ever been done before,” said production director Jake Berry during an interview with the Saturday Star at the FNB stadium yesterday.

read more : http://www.iol.co.za/toni...to-see-u2-live-1.1025250

• Community Manager

Q&A with Arno Carstens (Springbok Nude Girls) about opening for U2

Feb 11, 2011 12:20 AM | By Jackie May

What are your memories of U2?

749236_658503_1701660b.jpg
PRO BONO ET AL: Arno Carstens, centre, and The Springbok Nude Girl...

Well, a lot of listening to them with one of my first girlfriends. I listened a lot to Achtung Baby in particular when I was studying graphic art or partying.

How did you get invited to be a support band?

They needed a band with a lot of experience. Springbok Nude Girls, and me in a solo capacity, might just be the world's biggest supporting band.

Has U2 been an influence on your music?

Yes, lyrically Bono has pushed me to be more classy. He inspired me to be better.

more here: http://www.timeslive.co.z...ens-about-opening-for-U2