Following the middle east

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Just switched the News on to see that the shit has hit the fan. Seems to have moved on fast considering. Iraq Part II starts again.

• Subscriber

Just switched the News on to see that the shit has hit the fan. Seems to have moved on fast considering. Iraq Part II starts again.

And that is why I am scared! This just has such a bad feeling about it

• Subscriber

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

agt']Just switched the News on to see that the shit has hit the fan. Seems to have moved on fast considering. Iraq Part II starts again.

And that is why I am scared! This just has such a bad feeling about it

Just what Gaddafi wanted. He spitting threats out already and he'll carrying them out. He's a terrorist first and foremost. God help us when things spiral out of control.

• Subscriber

it's never the same

it won't be a part II of something previously happened: people and places are different

Hoping it won't last

(I have a flight tomorrow morning...thanks God Northbound...)

I meant involved in the military operations

Do you work in foreign politics? excellent acknowledge of the subject, congrats 

No, I don't.  I just read a lot before formulating an opinion.  I try not to be biased but you know, it's hard to get the truth when all the news agencies have their own slant. So, thank you.

I must admit I am giggling a little bit at Mummy's expense.

He writes: "It's also worth noting that Brazil, Russia, India, China and Germany did not veto the resolution."

Exactly.  They abstained. 

None of you even realize the significance of that. This is an historic action by the UN. Had those countries issued a veto, the resolution could not have passed and this action could not have begun.

It will be remarkable if Ghaddafi can be forced down as a result of this. It will be a much-needed and astonishing evolution and win for the United Nations, which will have flexed its muscle and actually saved lives as a result. Now THAT is historic!

I couldn't even read past that first line of Mummy's, because it was clear at the onset that he has no grasp of what has happened at the UN, and the significance of it. Although, he surely thinks he does.

I thought I would try and explain, but then read Monica's assessment that Mummy "has a good grasp of the facts," and I realized it was pointless to try. There is no reason for me to spend a bunch of time trying to salvage people who have no influence at all, from appearing totally clueless and silly in a public forum.

For the sake of the Libyan civilians and the UN, I hope this action succeeds. Ghaddafi is brutal freak show.

I must admit I am giggling a little bit at Mummy's expense.

He writes: "It's also worth noting that Brazil, Russia, India, China and Germany did not veto the resolution."

Exactly.  They abstained. 

None of you even realize the significance of that. This is an historic action by the UN. Had those countries issued a veto, the resolution could not have passed and this action could not have begun.

It will be remarkable if Ghaddafi can be forced down as a result of this. It will be a much-needed and astonishing evolution and win for the United Nations, which will have flexed its muscle and actually saved lives as a result. Now THAT is historic!

I couldn't even read past that first line of Mummy's, because it was clear at the onset that he has no grasp of what has happened at the UN, and the significance of it. Although, he surely thinks he does.

I thought I would try and explain, but then read Monica's assessment that Mummy "has a good grasp of the facts," and I realized it was pointless to try. There is no reason for me to spend a bunch of time trying to salvage people who have no influence at all, from appearing totally clueless and silly in a public forum.

For the sake of the Libyan civilians and the UN, I hope this action succeeds. Ghaddafi is brutal freak show.

I must admit that you assume too much.  I must also admit that it's easier for you to belittle individuals than accept that they have a good point because it's easier for you to attack one's intelligence than accept their point of view that is in stark contrast to your own.  You admit that you never even read what I wrote so I have to admit that your deprecating comments are null and void.

The difference between you and I, SIA, is that I can and do accept that you have a point of view that won't be changed.  My comments were never to change your viewpoint but to show you that for every argument, there is a counter-argument that is as strong, if not stronger than the other.  You, on the other hand, want people to accept your argument as being the only argument worth accepting.

Again, as I have said before in another post in this thread, I won't join you in your tactics of attacking one's intelligence for having a different point of view.  This is the second time now.  I'm counting so that anyone who reads this response can see what type of person you truly are.

As you Americans say (yet don't really mean it):  Have a nice day.