New Remastered Albums ?

Dargo_irl

Any speculation on remasters of the remaining albums ?

Would love to get my hands on a remastered (& expanded) Rattle & Hum & Pop.  Achtung Baby is 20 years old this year so that should hopefully get a release, (maybe toward xmas ??).

• Subscriber

Any speculation on remasters of the remaining albums ?

Would love to get my hands on a remastered (& expanded) Rattle & Hum & Pop.  Achtung Baby is 20 years old this year so that should hopefully get a release, (maybe toward xmas ??).

Yes, I'm a bit curious myself. Do they go chronologically from this point on or do they hop around again? Do they release any more remasters at the same time (remembering that JT was the first remaster to be released and that Boy, October, and War were released simultaneously)?

Does Rattle & Hum get a Super Deluxe release, a la JT and UF? (I think it probably will.) Do AB and/or Zooropa get Super Deluxe releases? (Gut feeling - AB, yes; Zooropa, no - we already have a DVD from the tour supporting Zooropa with the Sydney DVD, but we don't have any officially released live concerts from the time they were just promoting AB (releasing one of the ZooTV shows when they were still in arenas would be very cool).)

Yes, it will be interesting to see! I'd have to think that at least one album would be released this year, but that may all depend on when they get around to releasing Songs Of Ascent. But, who knows? Maybe both will come out this year; maybe neither. At the moment, I just hope they have more UK/ROI shows this summer.

• Subscriber

The rumour mill will see Achtung released next.

Can't remember who, but someone recently tweeted from a studio about AB being remastered in the room next door.

As for Rattle and Hum, I personally think this is unlikely to get a boxset/remaster as it was owned by Paramount Films.

We may see a deluxe Blu-ray one day, but I think it will be a separate entity to the remasters.

• Subscriber

Can't remember who, but someone recently tweeted from a studio about AB being remastered in the room next door.

As for Rattle and Hum, I personally think this is unlikely to get a boxset/remaster as it was owned by Paramount Films.

We may see a deluxe Blu-ray one day, but I think it will be a separate entity to the remasters.

I was curious about the entanglements w/ Paramount Films possibly preventing a full boxset for R & H. I would hope that such a thing could be worked out easily, but I can also see how it would be a problem. A shame, though - I bet there are a LOT of unused bits that were shot for the film (I think I remember a video boot for these floating around in the trading world somewhere...) Still, if we eventually get everything, even separately, that's all well and good.

I'm thrilled if AB is being worked on next!roll.gif My favorite album!glasses.gif

Still would like to get more info on Songs of Ascent and/or more tour dates...

Yeah, instead of releasing a remastered Rattle & Hum, I'd rather have them release a full length CD/DVD of a LoveTown Tour concert. Preferably the one at the Sydney Entertainment Centre (the 1st concert I've ever seen!), with Hawkmoon 269 as the opener.

• Subscriber

Yeah, instead of releasing a remastered Rattle & Hum, I'd rather have them release a full length CD/DVD of a LoveTown Tour concert. Preferably the one at the Sydney Entertainment Centre (the 1st concert I've ever seen!), with Hawkmoon 269 as the opener.

THAT would be awesome! I have a boot of that show, and I agree that it is a great one!glasses.gif

I hope there are people close to the band reading this thread...wink.gif

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

http://www.bild.de/region...erlin-17694156.bild.html

http://u2tour.de/news/article4891.html

With the help of Google Translate:

Surprisingly, this afternoon, all four band members were spotted in Berlin. A photo with U2 on the bridge to the Museum Island, which has sent us U2tour.de User Alexander finds her pop link here . As it stands, the band apparently shooting in the city. We suspect this has to do planned with the re-release of Achtung Baby on this year's 20th anniversary, because not only is turned apparently to the old, with Achtung Baby affiliated places, but the band was spotted apparently also in Trabis. U2tour.de will keep you informed.

Update 22:15: The band did in the evening in the Hansa Studios, where he played several times One. Apparently, the studios have a video for One was shot. Short 21 clock popup link was adam (click) gesichet before the studios.

Edge on Twitter from Hansa Studio

289744591.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1304373985&Signature=wIo3%2Bf2PIO0vscY%2BkZY78J3QT38%3D

Thanks to Mikaela72, Vale82 and U2gonnos @ u2place.com

• Subscriber

http://www.bild.de/region...erlin-17694156.bild.html

http://u2tour.de/news/article4891.html

With the help of Google Translate:

Surprisingly, this afternoon, all four band members were spotted in Berlin. A photo with U2 on the bridge to the Museum Island, which has sent us U2tour.de User Alexander finds her pop link here . As it stands, the band apparently shooting in the city. We suspect this has to do planned with the re-release of Achtung Baby on this year's 20th anniversary, because not only is turned apparently to the old, with Achtung Baby affiliated places, but the band was spotted apparently also in Trabis. U2tour.de will keep you informed.

Update 22:15: The band did in the evening in the Hansa Studios, where he played several times One. Apparently, the studios have a video for One was shot. Short 21 clock popup link was adam (click) gesichet before the studios.

Edge on Twitter from Hansa Studio

289744591.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1304373985&Signature=wIo3%2Bf2PIO0vscY%2BkZY78J3QT38%3D

Thanks to Mikaela72, Vale82 and U2gonnos @ u2place.com

maybe this is also the first step to think that they could possibly be working on some achtung songs for the next leg of the tour, and play quite a few achtung songs at glastonbury like adam quoted a couple of weeks ago!

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

• Subscriber

Achtung will be next.

As for Rattle & Hum, why does it need to have the film as the accompanying DVD? The film was already released on HD-DVD & Blu-Ray on the 20th anniversary. I can see R&H being remastered and re-released in 2013 (25th anniversary) with the Point Depot gig as a DVD, complete with music videos and extra bits.

• Community Moderator

Never thought about that before about Rattle and Hum.  Would be nice to have those studio songs remastered too.  They could've also added songs that were in the movie, but not on the CD, like Streets and Bad.  A DVD could include some outtakes and some Dalton Brothers.  Hopefully Paramount would work with them.  Have to add here that everytime I see a movie that starts with the Paramount Logo, I automatically think "Charles Manson stole this from the Beatles, we're stealing it back."