The Edge-Tour will finish in July, no new album until after the tour...

MacFoley

honestly if i can give my true feeling here
yes i believe that i felt so disappointed with this time running since long time  with so much
for nothing now
and because i am sorry to heard  so much  people said "its not  a question of life or death "or " expect nothing but the same,boring"
because its wrong ,  U2 can so much
 it is the time for a new u2
 and wrap up the 360 tour
but  nobody can help if nobody listen.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I myself singed up and never got any pre sale codes i was kinda pissed at that but for them to rap up the tour in America was another kick in the teeth and no album release date hmmm not happy. U2 need to get it together and remember without us loyal fans they would be playing in small arenas again. I have paid a fortune (i dont have alot of £££) over the past 26yrs buying albums, singles, videos, DVDs and concert tickets (Tour T shirts etc) and this is how we are thanked  mad.gif

• Subscriber

I would really like to see a new album more than anything else. It's been 2 years since NLOTH and we've been constantly told they have loads of new stuff but they don't know what to do with it, and still nothing comes together.

If it means the tour has to finish to make forward progress, then so be it! But for gods sake release some singles, test the waters and make some headway.

Never mind listening to what XY & Z say the direction should be! Get singles out and let the buying public guide the way.

Like Mac say's it's time to go away and "dream it all up again".

• Subscriber

I myself singed up and never got any pre sale codes i was kinda pissed at that but for them to rap up the tour in America was another kick in the teeth and no album release date hmmm not happy. U2 need to get it together and remember without us loyal fans they would be playing in small arenas again. I have paid a fortune (i dont have alot of £££) over the past 26yrs buying albums, singles, videos, DVDs and concert tickets (Tour T shirts etc) and this is how we are thanked  mad.gif

would would u2 need to get it together. they are reaching the latter end of their career? if they need to rest and take time out, then so be it. they aint no spring chickens anymore, all have families, and have business to take care of that is more important than being in u2 right now. its sad i know, but i would prefer they put some effort on this website to be honest, and give the fans something cool......shows to download prehaps, another youtube link, more live streams of the 360 tour....

If they release all the pre-boy Demos for sale on here in FLAC (and MP3 for some of yous) then that would make this place spectacular. And it would finally confirm the large amount of pre-Boy work only partially released on boots over the years. I'm not afraid to admit it. I eat up the early U2 stuff. It's raw, it's honest and it foretells what was to come.

And they can also finally release 'Be There' the demo from 1982/1983, both takes.

• Subscriber

thankyou guys, but i would prefer u2 to go away and "dream it all up again"....

its time for a new u2, wrap up the 360 tour guys,,,,have a nice big break, take aslong as you want, if you want to go back to the album every 4-5 years, then go. if it takes that long, it could COULD be the last album.....

maybe they could fit another album between that? maybe that is being greedy! hahaha!

we shouldnt expect too much from them as they are getting on.....

as i said to zhivvy,,,,i wasnt expecting them to go on after slane, everything has been like a bonus for me and wasnt expecting them to go on for aslong as they have.

while i wouldnt like to think 360 is the last tour from u2, but it wont be. i can see another album (or two with a push) and another tour which would be the farewell tour, you have given us a great life lark,,,,(or another tour with a push!!!)

The chance for me to see 360 in the UK (if it returned), to be under the Claw, would be brilliant. But at the same time, if they extended the 360 Tour they would extend the duration of time for which we have endure In A Little While for another leg or so. A new tour means a new setlist...hopefully.

• Subscriber

What is so bad ab out In A Little While?

Is there a version I"ve not heard where it sucks or something?

Mate, I've. put a lot of thought into this one, and I'll give you my personal reason.

I'll never forget scoring a copy of ATYCLB 3 days before the official release at a little record store (remember them?) I used to spend way too much time in.

I pretty much ran to my car to jam the thing in the CD player.  Pretty exciting stuff.

I was quite enjoying the first half of the album, but definately had the feeling that the band had ended the experimental phase and were going back to the so called classic sound.  No worries, I was still loving the tunes.

I also noticed that Bono's voice had changed quite dramatically since Pop. Again, no big deal, dude had just turned 40, smoked like a chimney and had fronted the world's biggest band for 20 years.

But then IALW came on.

Man. Bono sounded like shit. 

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. And what's this saccharine shite backing this smoke damaged wailing?

Anyways, it was the first U2 song I'd ever heard and instantly didn't like.

Never happened before that.

Anyway, I had a change of tune when they played it at the first Slane gig.  Don't know whether it was the atmosphere or what-not, but I loved it.

Still don't dig the album version, but OK not a bad tune live.

In 2001.

But seriously Panth, they play it at every bloody gig now.

There's a list of songs that would be so much better that's as long as your arm.

If they need a song that tempo for a breather, there's Stay, Angel Of Harlem etc etc.

IALW is definately a sometimes food and these little bastards stuff themselves silly like it's Foie gras and caviar