The Edge-Tour will finish in July, no new album until after the tour...

MacFoley

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

About time the tour's ended! They are turning into the Stones!

If the next album is good and innovative, with great songs, I will forgive U2 of everything bad they've done.

Oh, yes, Edge is starting to climb coconut trees!

Why do you think U2 need you forgiveness?

• Subscriber

About time the tour's ended! They are turning into the Stones!

If the next album is good and innovative, with great songs, I will forgive U2 of everything bad they've done.

Wrong. U2 have actually bettered the rolling stones with the biggest tour in rock history. And all the people who went to the tour can't be wrong.And the last inventive u2 album, no line has sold over 5 million copies. If 2009-2011 are years that you have to forgive them, then I don't understand your statement.

• Subscriber

Yes MacFoley

I agree U2 have over taken the Stones in ticket sales, now making them the most popular rock band on the planet. Im not sure what people have to forgive U2 for, when they have brought so much happiness to millions of people. If sertain people want to get picky, and find fault, then there are many great upcoming rock bands you can lisson to. Dont blame U2 for there success blame yourself for lack of focus and direction on there music.

Comments please 

• Subscriber

[quote name='mick james wrote:

peterferris8 wrote:

bflorendo']Just saw an article on www.ultimate-guitar.com about Bono saying that the U2 fans don't have a groove. He backs it up by saying that most of us U2 fans would rather hear Vertigo than Discotheque. Btw, Get on Your Boots was supposed to be a half club-style, half indie-rock song. Then Adam disagreeing, saying that they overwork/overthink their songs in the studios. So I think U2 will be coming out with this sci-fi rock album, or the laid back Songs of Ascent.

Half-club, half-indie...Oh dear. Neither of those genres are very good.
Wash yer mouth lad!

I'll remind you of this comment in 5 years to see if you've changed your mind.

I'll bet you have!

Or maybe when it's my turn in the Hotseat!

• Subscriber

Hi

Im sure alot more, however its great to hear there ideas around the band and country they are visitting with conjunction to there songs. It would not be the same without this.

Thoughts ??