The Edge-Tour will finish in July, no new album until after the tour...

MacFoley

• Subscriber

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

Steelerfan wrote:

cathkel']

Its the "who cares" bit i don't understand. Clearly alot of people do care, including you, or else you wouldn't be posting about it
smokin.gif

I'm sure some care WAY TOO MUCH..saying their lives are over if U2 doesn't release the new album soon..but I don't.

When it comes, it comes..I'll be just fine..I've had great shows, got a couple more...got to go to OZ...I really don't live and die by U2 putting out albums...
yeah if u2 were to call it quits soon, it would be sad, but its not life or death...

I agree, thats why im not gonna get worked up about setlists, album dates etc U2 are a hobby at the end of the day. I would be completely gutted if it all ended but life would still go on......it might be a hell of a lot duller, but it would still go onroll.gif

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Some may say I am a dreamer ....... but only a probably packing the claw up, Hasn't said not happening for certain and not said no more dates. I am keeping some optimism - or stupidity (call it what you want) but I do think that Dublin will happen - not sure about UK dates though.

But if they don't I had a great 2009 in UK and Dublin and a great 2010 in Europe and now not long till Glastonbury. As long as they will be another tour sometime - I am not ready to say goodbye to them touring yet - and yes, they should listen to me and therefore tour again! happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

[quote name='peterferris8 wrote:

bflorendo']This could be following along the lines of Rattle & Hum (Love Town tour) and Zooropa. So yes, it maybe the end of the Claw, but maybe a new set design, and revamped setlist...it could be back to arenas...or more stripped down shows. Who knows what these guys are up to?

I'm not sure about whether they should just restrict it to one kind of venue (IE arena versus stadium). Maybe they should just mix outdoors with indoors.The only way they could do this is to divide it, like the Vertigo/Elevation tour where they did arena shows in the U.S. and stadiums in Europe. Also, with my above comment, it could be restricted to certain continents. For example, Lovetown Tour was mainly for Australia, NZ, Japan, France, Ireland, Germany and the Netherlands. They skipped Australia when they did the Elevation Tour.

• Subscriber

MacFoley wrote:

yeah if u2 were to call it quits soon, it would be sad, but its not life or death...

eek.gifeek.gif are you for real?? no!! i don care for the new album that much, but lets face it: if u2 don play dublin at the end of this tour, i will go in hungerstrike: i wont eat nor drink another drop till they do the shows! tired.gif

mmmm... except for wine maybe eyes.gif ...

• Subscriber

I think the tour will end at Moncton, based on Edge's interview and some other things heard from tour personnel. I would love to be wrong and to go back to Dublin for shows but will not hold my breath. I am assuming that it will be a few years before the next tour, maybe 2014. That will give the band plenty of time to release new music, finish that damn play on Broadway nono.gif and design more leather outfits for Bono.

I'm sure I will still see my Zoo friends at other shows (Philly/Montreal/Toronto/Pitts/NJ maybe Mexico), other performers' shows or trips. I'm actually more bummed at the news that The Decemberists plan to take a long break after their current tour ends. Glad I got tickets to their show :)

• Subscriber

I dont think it's life and death by any means, I for one am not going

to lose any sleep over it - however I do think people are entitled to

feel disappointed if they so wish !!

• Subscriber

• Subscriber

• Subscriber

[quote name='Steelerfan wrote:

cathkel wrote:

Steelerfan']

why the ???????

It's pretty clear...I've had it with the will they/won't they....album in May/album later this year...I'm tired of it...

I am gonna save my $$ for other tours...

Its the "who cares" bit i don't understand. Clearly alot of people do care, including you, or else you wouldn't be posting about it
smokin.gif

I'm sure some care WAY TOO MUCH..saying their lives are over if U2 doesn't release the new album soon..but I don't.

When it comes, it comes..I'll be just fine..I've had great shows, got a couple more...got to go to OZ...I really don't live and die by U2 putting out albums...And we loved having you here!!!

I'm with you, the tour's gone on for 3 years, and hey, there's whole world of wonderful bands to check out in the meantime.

I got to see the band in the US for the first time, and the boys made good on their promise from 2006 and returned Down Under for some magical shows.

Seems to me they've lived up to their end of the bargain, and I hope they enjoy a year or 2 off with the family.

• Subscriber

And realistically, it's not as if they are playing Dublin less than previous tours.

Vertigo - 3 shows at Croke

Elevation - 2 shows at Slane

Popmart - 2 shows at Lansdowne Road

Zoo TV - 2 shows at RDS Showgrounds, and not a single date on the indoor legs 1 & 2

Lovetown - 4 shows at the Point Depot

Joshua Tree - 2 shows at Croke Park