The Edge-Tour will finish in July, no new album until after the tour...

MacFoley

• Subscriber

Yes yet another disappointing u2 fan. I have always admirred U2 for there chemistry and feeling between fans and the band with there clear direction and ability to connect with us all. THE MAIN REASON WE ALWAYS FOLLOW THEM, and to look forward to the result on there new musical journey.

After the comments from the edge, I understand there must be financial presures continuing a world tour however surely if a 360 tour around the world started in Barcerlona shorly this is where the final stage show must finish.

Or come back to Dublin

Streem the concert world wide for all fans to listen or watch on u2.com.

Im shaw with all the concerned disappointing fan that i had read through comments, might give us all a lift.

What do you think??

Phil

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='mick james wrote:

bflorendo wrote:

peterferris8']

I'm not sure about whether they should just restrict it to one kind of venue (IE arena versus stadium). Maybe they should just mix outdoors with indoors.

The only way they could do this is to divide it, like the Vertigo/Elevation tour where they did arena shows in the U.S. and stadiums in Europe. Also, with my above comment, it could be restricted to certain continents. For example, Lovetown Tour was mainly for Australia, NZ, Japan, France, Ireland, Germany and the Netherlands. They skipped Australia when they did the Elevation Tour.

They skipped Elevation because the Oz dollar was shite in the late 90s early 00s and they lost money on Popmart down here.

Now our dollar is worth more than the US dollar so we can't keep the little bastards away!

Honestly though, I feel that any major U2 tour from now on will be a stadium tour.This way Bono and broken ol' Larry only have to do 2 shows a week.

It wouldn't make much sense at this point in their lives to go back to 5 night a week arena tours.  Bono's voice and Larry's arms would fall apart.

I think we'll start seeing arena shows again in about 10 years when the casual fair weather fans have pissed off, and the boys can do some residencies at the 02 or Madison Square Garden - heck even Vegas.

But if I had to put money on it, I would say that we've seen the last world arena tour from U2.

Yep, I agree, with Bono and Larry getting older, they'll need to perform less shows if they want longevity. To add to it, if they did only a few arena shows, ticket prices would go through the roof, which the band doesn't want to happen. Stadiums would make more sense...meaning they'll be less flexible on changing the setlist (as indicated on U2 360). Having a stripped down set, would probably inspire them to play more of their songs from the War/JT tour....Bono calling out songs on the fly (no pun intended). IMO, they should take more risk in playing their early-less-known material, mixed with their hits....there's nothing wrong of winning new fans (the new generation) with their old gems, instead of coming up with new "radio-friendly" songs, or putting a rapper onstage to rap over their material. Wire, Surrender and A Day Without Me would be great!

• Subscriber

Yes yet another disappointing u2 fan. I have always admirred U2 for there chemistry and feeling between fans and the band with there clear direction and ability to connect with us all. THE MAIN REASON WE ALWAYS FOLLOW THEM, and to look forward to the result on there new musical journey.

After the comments from the edge, I understand there must be financial presures continuing a world tour however surely if a 360 tour around the world started in Barcerlona shorly this is where the final stage show must finish.

Or come back to Dublin

Streem the concert world wide for all fans to listen or watch on u2.com.

Im shaw with all the concerned disappointing fan that i had read through comments, might give us all a lift.

What do you think??

Phil

don be too hard on yourself... who says you're disappointing? who did you disappoint? yourself? or us? by posting the same comment in different threads....double??tongue.gif

• Subscriber

MacFoley wrote:

yeah if u2 were to call it quits soon, it would be sad, but its not life or death...

eek.gifeek.gif are you for real?? no!! i don care for the new album that much, but lets face it: if u2 don play dublin at the end of this tour, i will go in hungerstrike: i wont eat nor drink another drop till they do the shows! tired.gif

mmmm... except for wine maybe eyes.gif ...

ok, but say u2 dont play dublin, is it REALLY that much of a problem???

• Subscriber

if i can be honest? i wouldnt spend my entire wage on dublin-concert. i will not sit around and cry for the rest of the year. but i have also never seen them in dublin. and part of me is afraid its the last tour? so last chance?

and part of me is looking forward to seeing lots of friends i have in the zoo in real for first time!! and i would love to do a GA-line once! with my good friend zhivvy, and other friends! and it would be perfect if i got to do that in dublinhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

so yes, to me its a big deal. thats why i started a petition. i can say in all honesty its worth more to me than a new album. its worth a lot more to me than getting a 'better' membership-cd. but i can respect not everyone feeling the same. its okay.

• Subscriber

i'm not the festival-type, for one. its middle of exams for my kids too. and i will never get the time off from work in june. and altho its always great to see them, i don think it can replace seeing them in dublin, where there will be fans from all over the world, i've seen the vids last time! and heard bout the city being in 1 big party-mood! i wanna experience that toobanana.gifbanana.gif

• Subscriber
i'm not the festival-type, for one. its middle of exams for my kids too. and i will never get the time off from work in june. and altho its always great to see them, i don think it can replace seeing them in dublin, where there will be fans from all over the world, i've seen the vids last time! and heard bout the city being in 1 big party-mood! i wanna experience that tooindifferent.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name=cathkel wrote:

barbara1]i'm not the festival-type, for one. its middle of exams for my kids too. and i will never get the time off from work in june. and altho its always great to see them, i don think it can replace seeing them in dublin, where there will be fans from all over the world, i've seen the vids last time! and heard bout the city being in 1 big party-mood! i wanna experience that tooindifferent.gif

after all the hassle from the last dublin shows too, i dont think u2 would want to play there again in a hurray! didnt they get fined or something???

anyhow...i would love to see them at dublin too, that is my dream, but i can live without that dream, my u2 dream DID actually come true and nothing can beat that...

but for all the u2 fans dreaming of dublin dates, i hope they come true...laugh.gif

• Subscriber

Disappointing about the album but I wouldn't take it too seriously when he says the tour will end in US. He didn't rule out a Dublin leg in late Summer. He's been told to lower expectations so that it'll be huge news when they do come home!