A Day in Life

mummy

So, I woke up yesterday.  I wake up every day, oddly enough.  Anyway, I woke up, sat up, showered up, but didn't bother shaving.  I already knew I was in a great mood.  

Ever get one of those days where you wake up with a big smile on your face for no reason whatsoever?  That was the day I had yesterday.  You walk into work and everyone you pass can't help but smile back at you or pass a comment about why you're beaming?  That was the day I had yesterday. 

I even turned to Brendan who was giving up cigarettes that I had cigs in my pocket if he felt like the urge.  You might think that is mean of me but the reality of the matter is that Brendan never gives up cigs, he just stops buying them and bums off everyone else.  Yesterday I was in the mood to share mine with him.  

I went for breakfast;had 2 slices of soda bread, a sausage, a hash brown, a boiled egg and a coffee.  Then went out for a fix before kicking into the hum drum dummity dum dum dum life of work with its mixture of meetings, protocols, matrices and long drawn out discussions of an engineering or scientific nature.

The weather was amazing.  Sinead wanted to do lunch outside.  So we grabbed something quick and hit the benches in the park and watched the power walkers fly by while we shared silly bar jokes and discussed what our weekends would include.

I didn't know whether I wanted to go for a pint of not that evening.  But just before I left to go home, Edel had left a message for me asking me if I was going to meet up.  I didn't like the pub they were going to.  So, I called over to Paul and we headed into town.  For a change, we went to a pub I chose.  It was a good choice.

It was full.  No, it was packed.  There was a great band playing.  The crowds were loving it... especially the 35 Americans who were over for a family get-together.  They were dancing, singing, dancing and laughing.  No one in the pub was going to take their fun from them.  And no one wanted to.  It was infectious.

Paul and I stood by the bottom of the stairs.  Paul was single and just wanted a good location to stand so he could check out the gorgeous girls walking by on their way up to the bathroom.  But Paul is useless.  He likes girls but he has no clue how to chat them up.

During the night the lead singer asked if there were any Irish in the pub.  After realizing that there was no one saying if there were or not, I piped up:  "ONLY ONE" and pointed at myself.

Soon after that, I noticed that a couple of the girls in the American crowd were looking over at me continually.  Well, I wasn't sure if they were looking at me.  They could have been looking at the window behind me.  By this time we managed to secure 2 seats at a table.  Shortly after sitting down, Paul needed to use the little boys room.  Off he went.

And right then the girls made a beeline for me.  One sat up on the seat that Paul had been sitting on.  I pretended not to notice as I was singing along to the band's version of With or Without You.  I personally thought I could have done a better job, but it was fine.  After the song finished, the blond sitting beside me moves closer to me.  She was rubbing up against me like I was some sort of device that is used to remove an itch.

It's not often that a girl attempts to chat me up so maybe this is the method females use when trying to attract the attention of the opposite sex.  Who knows!?  I turned and smiled.  She was really cute but I wasn't interested.  I have 2 kids at home and a woman that loves me more than any woman could love a man.  Or so she leads me to believe.

We talked for a few minutes and then Paul returned.  He whispers for me to keep "chatting them up" so that I could set the ground work for him but I was in no mood to chat up girls for another man, especially when I don't get paid to help men who have their own inadequacies.

Edel texts me to say that she and her crew were going to join us.  Shortly afterwards they were in.  Except for Seamus, they were just a group of women.  Paul's eyes nearly fell out of his head when he spotted Ursula.  The american girls were quickly forgotten and Paul was pulling on me to introduce him to this new fair maiden with her sexy accent.  After all, she was from the Northern part of our emerald island.

I guess I could do that.  So I did.  I introduced her to him.  Not that it mattered.  She was already taken.  The best ones are always taken.  So Edel decided to wind him up.  She was very good at it.  Suddenly, Paul felt that he had been looking at Edel inappropriately due to her questions as to why he was looking at her thighs or her boobs, or her ass.  Paul no longer knew were to look so he decided to answer her while looking at the ceiling.

I was laughing so much tears were coming down my face.

I went for a cigarette with Laura.  Laura is best friends with my cousin and because of that she has a "soft spot" for me.  I think she'd have a soft spot for me anyway because of my constant smile.

We left that pub and went to another, just to get one more quick drink.  Instead of a Guinness, I got a bottle of Miller.  It was fine.  I sat down and had a chat with Ursula, while Paul did a circuit of the pub to check out the women.  The other girls decided to just chat to randomers, until a guy called "angel" sat down beside us.  I asked him if his surname was "gabriel".  He didn't get the joke at first.  I wonder if YOU did?

After Paul had returned, we finished our drinks, kissed the girls goodnight and shared a taxi home.  I always stay at Paul's when I'm drinking as I always have more than is legal to drive.  The taxi driver was from the Republic of Congo.  I wanted to know about his country but some African drivers tend to think that Irish are inherently racist so refused to have much of a conversation with us.

His loss.

When we got into the house, I went straight into the bedroom, took off my clothes, texted a silly message to Edel, then fell asleep.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

happy dayshappy.gif

Indeedy babs.  Indeedy.  I even got home today and Emily and I cut the lawn together.  There wasn't a cloud in the sky.  I wonder if the earthquake moved Ireland to a more moderate location on the planet because the weather is unreal at the moment.

• Subscriber

[quote name='mummy wrote:

U2LAWoman']Wow...Mummy talked nice bout Mericans...
laugh.gif
(that's all I got out of that..lol)

No no no, LAW, you must have read it wrong.  I don't like americans at all! lmaoroll.gifyeah, lawoman it was the american loved HIM!

• Subscriber

laugh.gif

No no no, LAW, you must have read it wrong.  I don't like americans at all! lmaoroll.gifYep!! Now that you're sober!!roll.gif

[quote name='U2LAWoman wrote:

mummy wrote:

laugh.gif

No no no, LAW, you must have read it wrong.  I don't like americans at all! lmao
roll.gifYep!! Now that you're sober!!roll.gif

hahaaha... maybe I should drink all the time and I'll remain in love with americans.  There are pros and cons to that:  Americans will feel loved but I'll prematurely die from alcohol abuse! lol tongue.gif

This is a short song I wrote for Americans.

America, so beautiful
America, the brave
It's America, America
In a merry merry cah (that's how the boston folk pronounce car)

America, so wonderful
America, the weird
It's America, America
In a merry merry cah

America, so lovely
America, I laud
It's America, America
In a merry merry cah

America, my Daughter
America, my Son 
It's America, America
In a merry merry cah

America with sugar
America with milke
It's America, America
In a merry merry cah.

So America, I love you
America, my queen
You're America, America
In a merry ,.... merry...... caaaaaaaaaaah

• Subscriber

U2LAWoman wrote:

mummy']

No no no, LAW, you must have read it wrong.  I don't like americans at all! lmao
roll.gif

Yep!! Now that you're sober!!
roll.gif

hahaaha... maybe I should drink all the time and I'll remain in love with americans.  There are pros and cons to that:  Americans will feel loved but I'll prematurely die from alcohol abuse! lol tongue.gif

This is a short song I wrote for Americans.

America, so beautiful
America, the brave
It's America, America
In a merry merry cah (that's how the boston folk pronounce car)

America, so wonderful
America, the weird
It's America, America
In a merry merry cah

America, so lovely
America, I laud
It's America, America
In a merry merry cah

America, my Daughter
America, my Son 
It's America, America
In a merry merry cah