U2 AND B.B. King @ Glastonbury - Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

peterferris8

• Subscriber

Looking at the Glastonbury line-up for 2011, I happened to notice that on the same day that U2 headline, B.B. King is playing a set on the Pyramid Stage earlier in the day. Could we be getting...the first live performance of When Love Comes To Town for the first time in 18 years? Methinks the answer is a big fat YES!

• Community Moderator

Methinks that would be a big fat AWESOME! Methinks also that would be a great way to say "sorry we couldn't be here last year, but now we give you this."

• Subscriber
It would be great! But at the same time, it depends on how long B.B. King will be hanging out. What are their set times? It could be the other way around too, with Bono making a cameo on B.B. King's set.

I was going to say the same thing.

BB's health isn't that great and he performs his shows seated.

Could be a very long day for an old man if he has to hang around for hours.

I was also thinking is it just too obvious?

If most people assume it's a given that BB will play, there's not really a surprise element is there?

• Subscriber

[quote name='mick james wrote:

bflorendo']It would be great! But at the same time, it depends on how long B.B. King will be hanging out. What are their set times? It could be the other way around too, with Bono making a cameo on B.B. King's set.

I was going to say the same thing.

BB's health isn't that great and he performs his shows seated.

Could be a very long day for an old man if he has to hang around for hours.

I was also thinking is it just too obvious?

If most people assume it's a given that BB will play, there's not really a surprise element is there?

Well, now that I know that, I'm gonna keep my hopes at a limit of about 55%.

But about it being too obvious, last year Kylie joined the Scissor Sisters onstage for their performance, but I although I didn't watch the performance I knew it was going to happen because the BBC had confirmed it on their morning news programme! So no real element of surprise there either. Also, before Edge's appearance with Muse, there were already rumours about his appearance circling the internet.